But she’s potentially cool, and could easily make appearances in a Batman-themed campaign. Not every Gotham hero has to have Gordon, Montoya or Bullock as their 5-0 contact.
- Real Name: Cissy Chambers.
- Marital Status: Unrevealed.
- Known Relatives: None.
- Group Affiliation: Gotham County Sheriff’s office.
- Base of Operations: Gotham County.
- Height: 5’5″ Weight: 130 lbs
- Eyes: Brown Hair: Black
Powers & Abilities
Cissy is competent police. She has a keen mind, and solid professionalism. However, her rank is… particularly unclear in the stories.
In 1995, Cissy Chambers was paired up with the Sheriff of Gotham County, Steve “Shotgun” Smith. At this point, she seemed to be a Deputy Sheriff and may have been a rookie on the force. Nevertheless, she refused to be intimidated by the overbearing Shotgun.
Chambers and Smith remained partnered over the years. Though they had obvious differences, the duo was exceptionally efficient.
In 1997, Cissy applied for the detective division, where she clearly belonged. However, that was delayed when the Gotham area was hit by a huge earthquake. But by 1999, she was seen doing CSI word along with Shotgun.
XXIst century girl
However by 2000 she was back in patrol blues, and did not seem to have accrued much CSI experience. She was still seconding Shotgun, though.
As a No-Prize Hypothesis , we’ll suggest that the earthquake and deadly contagions during those years meant too many casualties among law enforcement officers. As a result, all promotions and transfers would have been frozen to keep as many uniforms as possible in the field.
In 2002, Cissy was briefly seen investigating a petting zoo where the animals had been slaughtered and partially eaten. She was still in blue, but not a full regulations uniform. She also seemed much more experienced with crime scenes.
Perhaps that’s because she made Lieutenant Deputy Sheriff.
Cissy has COBRES – COmic Book Random Ethnicity Syndrome. Which is funny because she’s a copper. Okay, never mind.
ANYWAY, generally she has dark-ish skin, but there’s a lot of variation in her skin tone, features and hair texture.
Our proposed No-Prize Hypothesis – she’s half-African-American, half-Indian (from the subcontinent) so artists and colourists get a bit confused. Well, maybe more than “a bit” since sometimes she’s White, but heh.
Cissy is almost always working in her blues. One suspects that she doesn’t *have* to, though, and she sometimes does plainclothes details.
She also occasionally dyes her hair browner or more violet-ish.
Cissy is sarcastic, and something of a too cool for school wisenheimer. But her professionalism is impeccable, and she’s serious about helping the citizenry.
Deputy Chambers also is a rock-solid shooter. She doesn’t freeze, run or hesitate. It is entirely possible that she’s the only person in the department who can keep up with Shotgun Smith in tactical situations. It is also conceivable that she’s ex-military.
Cissy can’t frontally go against Shotgun. But she’s well aware that he’s a relic from a toxic era that refuses to die. She thus spent years nudging toward more protection of the citizenry and less arbitrary violations of rights of people Smith decided were bad guys.
(At Shotgun’s favourite dinner) “Is this burger made from any animal I’ve *heard* of ?”
“Sheriff’s Department ! Drop ’em and assume the position !”
“Shotgun” Smith: “A guy in an alligator suit, for cryin’ out loud !”
Deputy Chambers: “It’s a crocodile, Shotgun.”
“Shotgun” Smith: “Let’s move it, Deputy. I’m not having falsefacers shootin’ up *my* county !”
Deputy Chambers: “As long as you don’t say ‘This time it’s personal’…”
“We can’t hold them forever without representation, Shotgun.”
These open a new page on Facebook, Twitter or G+. This is because we don't let social networks track you on writeups.org.
Game Stats — DC Heroes RPG Print Friendly
|Dex: 03||Str: 02||Bod: 03||Motivation: Serve & protect|
|Int: 04||Wil: 04||Min: 04||Occupation: LEO|
|Inf: 03||Aur: 03||Spi: 04||Wealth: 004|
|Init: 010||HP: 008|
Charisma (Interrogation, Persuasion): 04, Detective (Clue analysis, Legwork, police procedure): 04, Medicine (First aid): 03, Vehicles (Land): 04, Weaponry (Police): 04
Area Knowledge (Gotham County), Police Rank (Deputy Sheriff or more).
Gotham County police (High, from Rank).
- Early on, her sidearm was a .38 revolver [BODY 03, Projectile weapon: 04, Ammo: 06, R#02, Drawback: Long Reload].
- Later on, it was replaced by a semi-auto. Let’s posit a Glock 21 (.45 ACP) [BODY 03, Projectile weapons: 04, Ammo: 13, R#02].
- Then she’s usually draw with a large revolver. This would be unusual in a 1990s police department, especially for a younger officer. But it’s quite consistent in the art. So let’s posit a .357 magnum Colt Python with a 4″ barrel [BODY 03, Projectile weapons: 04, Ammo: 06, R#03], based on some panels.
- Her in-cruiser weapon is a pump-action shotgun [BODY 04, Shotgun Blast (Range 03): 06, Ammo: 07, R#03, Recommended STR: 02, Drawback: Very Long Reload] with a tactical flashlight [BODY 02, Flash: 06 (Steady illumination only, but will act as normal Flash in nocturnal conditions ; Flash has no AV, use the Weaponry score for the arm it’s mounted on).]. She’ll keep the shotgun for outdoors work, but prefers her handgun for most CQB unless the odds are too bad.
- On tactical deployments she’ll have a VEST over her uniform [BODY 06, Skin armour: 02, Invulnerability: 05, Limitations : Skin armour and Invulnerability only vs. blades and bullets, Partial coverage (vest), Drawback: Real armour].
- Originally, Chambers has the usual crap on a police belt (radio, handcuffs, mace, tonfa, etc.). Later on she’s more likely to carry CSI gear, unless it’s a tac op.
Source of Character: DC Comics.
Helper(s): Darci, Maficklin, Ethan Roe.
Writeup completed on the 29th of July, 2017.