Powers and Abilities
The Enforcer was an adept marksman and handgun expert. He wore a steel mesh suit of armour, with infrared vision capabilities. The mail was laced with silver nitrate for protection against supernatural threats.
The Enforcer briefly used a disintegration laser ring. He was later equipped with two .45 caliber automatic pistols, using special ammunition such as :
- Tranquilizer pellets.
- Incendiary bullets.
- Silver bullets.
- Hypnotic “truth serum”-type pellet. These were often used along with a device causing the victim to self-combust.
Charles Delazny Jr. was a son to a movie studio mogul. But he became involved in drugs in college, dropping out to pursue criminal activities. After coming in contact with a foreign organised crime cartel, Delazny paid them to furnish his Enforcer outfit. Later on he hired other super criminals (including the Gladiator) to steal a disintegration device from the original Eel.
Soon, the Enforcer took over a local crime gang. He used his newfound firepower to reclaim the Delazny studio after it was repossessed by the criminal “investors”. These had been planning on using it in a laundering scheme.
Enforcer then attacked the San Diego Navy yards, but was defeated by the original Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze). A rematch also brought defeat even though Enforcer had hired Water Wizard to help him. Delazny escaped the authorities by leading them to believe a childhood friend was actually the Enforcer.
He later was contacted by the enigmatic Committee for an assassination. However, this was foiled by the original Spider-Woman and the Werewolf by Night. Later clashing with Ghost Rider (again) and Spider-Man (Peter Parker), he continued to lead the authorities to believe his alternate identity was his childhood friend.
Neat costume, uh ?
Enforcer is a sadistic, bitter man. He blamed his own failing relationship with his family for driving him to drugs and crime.
After his first intimidating brush with the supernatural (in the form of Ghost Rider), he has made sure he is armed against such threats.
Otherwise he was fairly unimaginative in his goals and was satisfied when his schemes included bossing others around and killing people.
“You’re just another victim to me, punk !”
DC Universe History
The Enforcer would have fought Batman and the Teen Titans, but otherwise remains unmodified.
Game Stats — DC Heroes RPG Print Friendly
|Dex: 06||Str: 04||Bod: 05||Motivation: Mercenary|
|Int: 05||Wil: 05||Min: 05||Occupation: Assassin|
|Inf: 05||Aur: 05||Spi: 05||Wealth: 005|
|Init: 016||HP: 035|
Acrobatics*: 06, Animal handling (horses): 03, Artist (actor): 03, Charisma (intimidation, interrogation): 06, Martial artist*: 06, Vehicles (land): 05 , Weaponry (exotic): 05, Weaponry (firearms): 08
Iron nerves, Rich family.
Secret ID, MIA toward cocaine.
- BODY ARMOR [/BODY/ 08, Flame being: 04, Thermal-vision: 05, Limitation : Flame being only against silver-vulnerable creatures (-3)].
- .45 Colt (x2) [BODY 04, EV 04, Range: 05, Ammo: 07, R#2, Bonus : May fire silver bullets against creatures vulnerable to silver, if the Enforcer changes clips].
- Tranq pellets [BODY 01, Poison touch: 09, Range: 04, Ammo: 07, Limitation : Must be fired using one of the Enforcer’s .45, and the Enforcer has to change clips, Poison Touch is can only inflict Bashing Damage].
- Pyrogranulate capsules [BODY 01, Pyrotechnics: 06, Range: 04, Ammo: 07 , Limitation : Must be fired using one of the Enforcer’s .45, and the Enforcer has to change clips].
- “Tingler” ammo [see below].
- The Enforcer previously used a Disintegrator amulet [BODY 02, Disintegrate: 13, Limitation : Reduced range 03, R#5] which was later reworked into a ring [BODY 04, Disintegrate: 13, Limitation : Reduced range 05, R#3], then lost.
The Enforcer’s bullets of fiery doom
One of the Enforcer’s most peculiar ammunitions where his “tingler” bullets. In the comics they had the following effects : [BODY 01, Hypnotism: 04, Pyrotechnics: 06, Range: 04, Ammo: 07. Misc. Bonus Pyrotechnics may be delayed and activated later via Hypnotism (if effective), the victim is then attacked using Pyrotechnics as AV/EV and Body/Body as OV/RV].
In Sébastien’s campaign, the Tinglers were even more deadly, in order to be used as a “certain death” plot device even against supers – some GMs may wish to use this version of the tinglers for their scenario. The stats of the ammo are as follow : [BODY 01, Disintegrate (see below): 08, Hypnotism: 04, Range: 04, Ammo: 07.]
Disintegrate does not inflict actual damage. If the virtual damage inflicted is not enough to kill the target, nothing happens. It the virtual damage inflicted is enough to kill the target, it may be triggered into becoming actual damage by the Enforcer, using a post-hypnotic command. In this case, the victim burst into flames and dies.
Source of Character: Marvel comics.
Helper(s): sigma.net/ozbot/marvelhandbook/efghi/enforcer.htm (defunct).