- Writeups.org is a collection of profiles for characters from genre media. These in-depth writeups include summaries of abilities, biographies, personality profiles and more.
- Most profiles are for characters from super-hero comics and video games. Geek stuff.
- Writeups.org includes thorough tabletop role-playing games stats. These are for the DC Heroes RPG and many entries have DC Adventures/M&M 3rd stats.
- Most entries are extensively illustrated.
- Writeups.org is not affiliated with any publisher, studio, content company, etc. It is written by a community of enthusiasts, and relies solely on donations from readers and security-vetted adverts to pay the bills.
What we do is surprisingly complex, so there’s a lot to talk about. To keep things organised, here is the table of content for the articles that talk about how writeups.org works, is written, is organised, etc. — in other words, the FAQ.
Our FAQ content will be recreated on the fly as the new version of writeups.org matures. This is because we wanted to switch to the new version ASAP rather than wait for the FAQ to be rewritten.
- What’s new and better with the 2016 version of writeups.org.
- How to use the mighty search page on writeups.org.
- How to contribute to writeups.org.
- A primer about tabletop role-playing games.
- The community behind writeups.org.
- An history of writeups.org (est. 1999).
- Glossary of geeky and unusual words used on writeups.org.
- This site is written by role-players and this matters.
- The ages (and Earths) of DC Comics.
- About the DC Heroes RPG (and Blood of Heroes).
- How we profile characters from video games.
- Character boundaries, part 1 – “Gisted” profiles and “Emergent history” profiles.
- Character boundaries, part 2 – more complex approaches.
- Answers from the designers of the DC Heroes RPG system.
- Quantification heuristics – about evidence-based RPG stats.
- Procedures used by contributors to improve profiles.
- Writeup template and documentation for contributors.
- Tools for making character portraits on writeups.org.
Misc. articles (because “miscellaneous” is too hard to spell)
- About the cookies and advertisements on this site.
- Links to other sites of interest to us and our readers.
- Short guide to our articles about weapons.
These open a new page on Facebook, Twitter or G+. This is because we don't let social networks track you on writeups.org.