Another little one with characters of rather mixed importance. It feels good to have it published – the problem is with assembling it. Roll call:
- The lead for the batch is probably the rewrite for our very very old entry for Puck I. At this stage, the much improved writeup covers the “classic” era of Alpha Flight (the Byrne run and what happened before).
- Likewise, a number of minor characters have been overhauled since the entries were not ageing well. Namely:
- Shrew of the Hell’s Belles
- Freakout of the Derangers
- Tremolo, also of the Hell’s Belles
- One last Alpha Flight entry for this batch is Groundhog, a very early and somewhat obscure member.
- Much more major – Tom’s take on Street Fighter‘s Guile
- Sirius the gamma dog is a very very minor part of Hulk lore, but he can be interesting for GM with Marvel campaigns as he’s an example of a minor gamma-enhanced animal
- Master Pandemonium, though not major by any means, is well-remembered from his West Coast Avengers appearances and unique visuals. He also happens to be a very useful and rather flexible villain – so he got this going for him. Which is nice.
- “Hammer” Stryker is a contemporary of Sirius and a baseline gamma-enhanced villain, which is also useful.
- ART – just a few new bits. The first Spitfire entry has three nice new shots ; and Sex Machine has received a minor new banner illo, just because.
- And lastly, a treat for Peter David fan as we start publishing Gareth’s Spyboy arc, starting with Spyboy himself.
That’s 4263 entries – things did slow down, but the entries are much thorough, better-written, better proofread and more heavily illustrated nowadays.