I’m not sure why there is a batch to publish, to be honest, since I barely remember working on it. But somehow it’s there. Roll call:
- V2s. Three older and not very good entries got a complete overhaul:
- Javelin, a minor and rather Silver Age-ish DCU villain
- The Radioactive Man entry (the Marvel Universe one, mind you) was greatly expanded and much modernised. Xie xie Gareth !
- Metalhead (an even more obscure DCU villain) was revised a fair bit, too.
- TEXTUAL HEALING. Poundcakes received the usual rounds of reviewing and editing so her entry reads better.
- Added a few lines to the Indries Moomji profile since a 2010 Marvel sourcebook stated her nationality.
- DYNAMO FIVE. In this batch, Bryan’s entry on Synergy, who unlike her siblings has all of dad’s powers.
- FIGHTING GAMES CHARACTERS. From Tom’s files, this one has a bit of everything:
- GREAT TEN. The entry for this batch is the Socialist Red Guardsman, by Gareth, who is sort of the DCU equivalent of the Radioactive Man above.
- And finally, Ethan’s entry on another classic movie monster – the Fly, from the original 1958 movie.
Which brings us to 4452 entries after all.
As many have noticed, there’s been a dramatic slowdown in updates, and this tiny batch is just there to say that something happened in October. This is temporary, and entirely caused by the main choke point in our work flow (that’d be me) currently having very little time and energy for DCH/BoH community work due to RL stuff. This also affects our DCA work.
So, just a few odds and ends, really:
- REVISED ENTRIES. Those are always a priority, so here are a few rewritten bits:
- Crusher (obscure, early Iron Man foe) (additional and improved art)
- Gladiatrix (very minor super-wrestler) (new main illustration)
- Kari Limbo (long-time-ago Green Lantern supporting cast) ( a few bits of new art)
- Saturn Girl (new art). This rewrite focuses on the Silver Age version of the character, since the author deemed the previous writeup too sweeping ; there are of course further Saturn Girl profiles in the work so all eras are correctly covered.
- Stalnoivolk (old-school Russian enforcer from the DCU)
- A timeline mistake (spotted during the Stalnoivolk rewrite) has been fixed in the entries for Bolshoi and Molotov.
- Fixed a detail of Hal Jordan‘s power ring to reflect our current understanding of how ring-bearer selection works
- RONNIE THUNDERBOLTS ART. A few more pieces of animated movie-style, very clear art from Ronnie Thunderbolts for the following entries :
- STREET FIGHTIN’ ART. A few extra shots for the more recent/alternate takes on Ryu, Balrog, Gouki, and Vega.
- MARVEL ART. Some graphic quotes from recent Marvel sourcebooks to enhance existing entries:
- THUNDERBOLTS STUFF. The Justine Hammer version of enduring Marvel villain the Crimson Cowl now has an entry thanks to Gareth.
- GREAT TEN STUFF. This batch features Gareth’s entry for the Immortal Man-In-Darkness.
And that’s it for now ; since the goal was not to pump out tons of new material the entry count barely budged, at 4446 entries.
As a tiny bonus for those interested in such things, here’s a snapshot of the 25 countries who most came to read WORG entries during September, 2010. Efforts to promote the site have likewise come to a halt, but will hopefully resume before the end of the year. Maybe. Though if you happen to be a search engine visibility expert and really like writeups.org, feel free to shoot me an e-mail using the link on the homepage.