Here… we… go !
- STEPHANIE BROWN. As some of you had deduced from the line above, one of the main entries in this batch is our extensive profile for Stephanie Brown as Batgirl. It’s only the end if you want it to be.
- THE MIGHTY. Bryan carved a writeup into granite with his heat vision – namely Alpha One, the Superman parallel in The Mighty. Because Roy can’t write every single Superman analogue ever.
- REWORK AND V2s. The following entries have been improved and reworked… or even completely redone.
- Geoffrey Ballard aka Centurion II
- “Snake” Marston has been almost completely redone (texts, stats, illos) and is now a v2
- Puck I (bits of polish)
- Puck II (a bucketful of polish, eh ?)
- Pagan (Marian Mercer) has been v2ed – wholly new texts and art, stats more or less untouched since they were OK
- Gimmix (texts entirely redone)
- Whip (Shelly Gaynor) (ditto)
- Kurt Hectic (from the ancient MDK video game, everything redone and now a v2)
- Brood. The big, detailed article on sleazoid has seen another round of edits to rework the parts written in a subpar style. Couldn’t find the time to update it, though, except for a key bit from S.H.I.E.L.D..
- CHEETAH. This batch includes a profile of Deborah Domaine, which concludes our coverage of the pre-Crisis on Infinite Earths versions of the Cheetah. Post-Crisis versions are not currently scheduled – maybe next year.
- CRIME DOCTOR. This batch has the 1940s original version of the character, by Bob Kane himself. The character, not the writeups.org profile.
- ALIEN ANIMALS FILE. Part two of Chris’s work about vintage Legion of Super-Heroes space monsters. If you thought that part one was high camp weirdness, well it gets even better in part two.
- CLAW THE UNCONQUERED. I’m just grabbing whatever looks publishable to contain the backlog, which ends up meaning two Claws the Unconquered entries in one batch. These may in fact be the last two, I ain’t sure – I only write them.
- KILLER FROST. The second writeup in this series is the first of two entries for Dr. Louise Lincoln as the second Killer Frost. It goes from the beginning to Underworld Unleashed.
- SUPREME POWER. Peter continues to amble in this revised continuity for the classic story. In this batch, the modern version of Nighthawk.
- YOUNG JUSTICE. Another bit of Superman-ness from Bryan – the cartoon version of Superboy.
- ARTGERM ART. Our Batgirl entry in this batch uses an illustration done by Hong Kong artist Stanley “Artgerm” Lau for DC Comics. We’ll throw in a few more examples in the entries listed below ; his gallery can be found on Deviantart under the handle Artgerm..
- Jean Grey
- Black Cat (Modern)
- Mai Shiranui (half the illustrations redone because I hate joy)
- Cammy (Alternate take) (cleared the deadwood as with Mai)
- Furthermore, Artgerm was the cover artist for Great Ten, and using the full versions of his covers from his own gallery is a big gain over scanning the printed covers. Which means cool improvements in the following entries :
And that’s it. Not bad, I say – let’s not have the mega-batches of the summer become the standard. Because it’s not possible.
Headcount is now 4686.