What did we find time to get published recently ? This :
- CONTENT ABOUT THE SITE. All the content about the site has been reorganised – how the entries are done, statting conventions, explanations about the shorthands, copyrights policy, links to other sites, etc. We’re still tinkering with it, but what’s left is decorating with random images, shooting two videos and finding the last few typos and unclear sentences.
If you like the site (why else would you be reading this ?) you’ll probably enjoy reading the material. It’s much easier to peruse than the old FAQ, there’s new material, it’s better-written, etc.
All the buttons that used to lead to the FAQ, the Copyrights page, the Links page, etc. now go the new, reorganised content. This is a transitory situation as we evolve toward a streamlined version of the site.
- Obscure Marvel Universe jobber villain Shatterfist was rewritten for style and clarity.
- MASS EFFECT. Two rounds of rework and additions :
- The second entry for our main version of Commander Shepard – Mandala Shepard – was extended both in terms of text and illustrations. The pictures column is plus-sized as part of ongoing tests.
- The entry for Tali’Zorah received an additional round of textual polish and now includes the events in Mass Effect Homeworlds #2, taking place just before her entrance in ME1.
- Our very old Blue Eagle notes now mention the mace he’s occasionally been using.
- DC ADVENTURES DUAL-STATTING. This time it’s the Aryan Brigade component of the Cadre that gets DCA-ified, namely :
- Minor bits of text polishing to our Tiger Girl entry.
- DC HEROES RULES STUFF.
- I was certain that I had explained what the notation Always On and Already Factored In that we use a lot had been explained – but that explanation is nowhere to be found. So our New Rules (Limitations) article now has usage notes to expain what it means exactly.
- Stagger is a new Power we’ve eventually had to hammer out to represent certain attacks that daze and stun without really inflicting damage, mostly in video games. Extensive design notes included.
- ARE YOU A WEB DESIGNER ? Publication on writeups.org continues to slow down as I need to go through a lot of material about image quality, clear page layouts, the most legible web typographies, etc. to avoid repeating my previous design mistakes. If you’re a professional and feel like critiquing mockups, feel free to pop up at our Yahoo! Group.
Current number of entries is 4,918. Remember that the donations are open – http://www.writeups.org/donate.php – to help pay our server costs. All donations count !