We’ve begun to use new surface blur application techniques to moderate the graininess of old comic book pictures – without adding a smudgy aspect to the image. These are the early stages and a few shots still look a bit forced, but generally illustrations from pre-1990s books will look better. In the best cases, you’d think it was a reprint.
Most old illustrations will not get revisited with this technique though, to avoid undergoing one more round of .jpg compression loss.
Anyway, roll call:
- Taurus (Cornelius van Lunt) has had a thorough round of texts and illustrations improvement. Last time we did that there were sudden revelations about the Great Wheel as the work was underway, but this time we’re good.
- SOUL CALIBUR. Tom’s SC entry for this batch is Raphaël Sorel, the cursed fencer.
- MASS EFFECT. Now covering two more fan-favourite characters as they were during the first game :
- TRIUNE UNDERSTANDING. We start this arc of Gareth’s with a teaser of sorts – the very powerful Pagan.
- The Darkness section in the New Rules Files (Powers) for DC Heroes has been updated.
- MAN-BEAST. Many Bothans died to bring us this writeup, which was requested by the Teeming Millions of WORG readers an embarrassingly long time ago. The Man-Beast is a classic and… adaptable Marvel villain.
- The entry for the Cat (Greer Nelson) has had its texts polished, and the art was much improved.
- From Bionic Six we have an antagonist written up by Pur_See_i8 – the Perceptor.
- CADRE. More reviews and improvements for these handy, generic villains :
- X’iv is a Skrull assassin seen in Young Avengers/Runaways and written up by Gareth. We like Skrulls, they go well with our colour scheme.
- As long as his Runaways books are open, Gareth also wrote up the Dickensian villain, Provost.
- Red Wolf (William Talltrees) had a banner redone since the TPB was handy. Ditto for the Man-Ape, who had a banner and three illustrations redone. Our very old and semi-useless Man-Bull notes also got a new banner, for some reason. And there’s a new shot for Invincible, by the way.
This brings us to 4,870 entries. Given the emphasis on redoing/rewriting older entries, the big 5K is still quite a distance away.