There’s been a big round of improvements to existing entries – those things have priority for publication, so people don’t read old entries while we’ve hammered out a new and improved version.
- BLACK WIDOW. The 1940s Black Widow (Claire Voyant, the agent of Satan) had her texts polished and the title of her entry clarified.
- BLACK WIDOW TOO. The first chronological entry for Natalia Romanova was completely redone to integrate the various retcons we couldn’t include last time, add illustrations, rewrite for style, etc. etc. It’s now a fairly thorough article about the roots of the Black Widow.
- BLACK WIDOW STRIKES AGAIN. The second writeup (1965-1970) was also fully rewritten and regauged and reillustrated and re-checked. Lotsa peekchurs.
- As part of the upgrade of our Black Widow material we are reviewing the existing entries for her – generally obscure – opponents. As a result the entry for Karla Romanova was fully redone.
- Our entry for Ivan Petrovitch Bezukhov and his moustache has been partially rewritten as we revisited our Black Widow research. It will not be fully rewritten until we’ve redone the third and fourth entry for Natasha, though. Thus, the texts and illustrations set after 1970 have yet to be redone.
- TPB ART. Scans from our old floppies replaced by scans from trade paperbacks in the following entries :
- Ultron 8 thru 12 (and added a few banners, too)
- Porcupine (writeup 1, just one banner)
- Blackout (Marcus Daniels) – Gareth also gave the History section a quick upgrade
- Karla Sofen (writeup 2 – Moonstone) (texts were also brushed up, and the main shot redone to compare blurring techniques)
- Tiger Shark (writeup 1 – Classic) (just one banner)
- We also stumbled upon a magzine with restored Agents of Atlas shots, so one new picture for :
- Our entry for XIII also had a quick brush-up for writing style, and two extra banners. Various tiny improvements to the related entries (Major Jones, Agent Martin, the Moongoose).
- A rewritten, improved version of Decuria from Chris’ Legion of Super-Heroes campaign.
- Super-minor Marvel villain Razorblade (aka Slasher) had his texts upgraded and the illustrations fully redone.
- Clarified the language notes in the Black Panther (Christopher Priest take) writeup, tweaked the Marvel Boy (Noh-Varr) after work based on his more recent appearances.
- Marvel released a 2010 calendar a few years back and, well, it’s a good quick source of banner illustrations to decorate writeups and break up blocks of texts. One new banner in the following entries:
- New banner for the Universe AZ Blossom entry since the artist who inspired the redesign – Jackson Tjota – has a germane new piece of art on his Deviantart gallery.
- SONGBIRD. Melissa Gold’s two entries now have clearer titles. The older Screaming Mimi one was reviewed for writing style and had two illustrations redone, no special changes in the Songbird entry.
- One rescanned OHOTMUME illo for Shotgun, and one for Siege – two entries that clearly need a rewrite. At least the resolution for those shots is no longer the one corresponding to the era when 56K modems were the big new thing (this site is old).
- INVINCIBLE. Bryan reviewed and overhauled and updated three of his Invincible entries, namely :
No change whatsoever in the headcount.