Bryan, Chris and I have been focusing on refurbishing older material to new standards, so this batch has a bunch of upgrades – but our esteemed colleagues are producing brand new material in the meanwhile.
And as an aside, allow me to remind our readers that new contributors and commenters are always welcome – contrary to a persistent rumour, one doesn’t need to have been born within the WORG Order from WORG parents who took the WORG oath.
Anyway, roll call :
- The main thing in this batch is probably Peter’s extensive profile of John Constantine, Hellblazer. Innit ?
- BLACKWIDOWPEDIA. Continuing to revisit our work from two years back to integrate recent retcons and improve all texts and illustrations. In this batch :
- The Red Guardian (Colonel Alexei Shostakov) entry was almost entirely rewritten and reorganised. It was also updated. Which wasn’t easy.
- The entry for Colonel Ling was… well, rewritten and reorganised too. Odd that.
- A mention of “Maria Trovaya-Pym’s” possible input in the Titanium Man technologies has been added to the first Boris Bullski entry now that Red Guardian research unearthed that scene.
- The entry for obscure BW villain the Watchlord had its texts and illustrations overhauled.
- Captain Ultra – entry edited for ultra-style and ultra-concision, but not ultra-updated.
- SPIDER-MAN AND HIS AMAZING FRIENDS. Continuing Ethan’s arc about this cartoon, we now have Iceman.
- Great Video. Rewritten and reorganised – and reillustrated after finding an old reprint.
- Pur_See_i8 has a writeup for the great Shaka Zulu- specifically the not-quite-historical version played by Henry Cele in the television miniseries.
- Marvel Boy (Bob Grayson) (writeup 1 – 1950s version) was fully rewritten and re-illustrated thanks to the wonder of atomic energy and despite the opposition of godless Communist agents.
- CHARMED. There’s a large Charmed arc in the works from Ethan and Chris. Writing this stuff takes a while, but the entry for Inspector Andy Trudeau is now up.
- TRIUNE. Third and last entry for Gareth’s micro-arc about this Avengers villains – Lord Templar.
- LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES. Chris reviewed the Silver Age writeup for Saturn Girl for style and clarity, and fixed the various problems stemming from Microsoft text encoding. Let’s not even mention Microsoft text encoding. We’ve also greatly improved the illustrations and fiddled with the layout.
- Two new entries in the New Powers for DC Heroes article – Extra Sensory Tracking (since it is used by the Saturn Girl entry) and Shotgun Blast (since it should have been there long ago). And in the New Advantages we got Scholar (Spellcraft) from Constantine’s entry.
- BANE. Gareth’s entry for Bane during his time with the Secret Six is now up. Inquiring minds will have noted that we have a writeup 1 and a writeup 3 for Bane, but no writing 2 yet. It’s being attended to but we ran out of muscle shirts.
- Yet another combat robot’s on WORG – this one from the Marvel Universe and called Warbot. It’s an odd one, but we like combat robots, so…
- Our entry for Stalker was reorganised, partially rewritten for style and clarity and most of the illustrations received improvements – or were rescanned by Gareth from a TPB reprint. Dgrth also had two shots re-scanned.
- It’s been a while since we slapped together a picture for a homemade character, so here’s one for Chad’s old Enforcer character. Champions Online now inexplicably offers a much poorer range of options, but William has a sub so you get both a City of Heroes and a Champions Online view of the character.
- WONDER WOMAN. This arc is moving much slower now but it’s not over – in this batch, the nefarious and manipulative Crow Children of Ares.
- Bryan’s been spending time with the scanner and polygonal lasso, so the Bulletproof entry now has its plenary pulse-pounding pictorial payload, to go along with the revised texts.
4,888 entries now. What an odd-looking number.