Time to take a brisk stroll through recent Marvel sourcebooks to use reprinted versions of the illustrations, use the official background data (height, weight, etc.), etc.
A depressing number of those Marvel articles correspond to very old and not very good writeups.org entries that really should be rewritten. The list of stuff to be rewritten is colossal, though, so waiting for the entries to be redone to include the new data would be a bad idea.
Entries that received changes :
- Aleta (one new official illo, changed height/weight)
- Cauldron (one new official illo, added a few official numbers about his powers and size)
- Baron Blood (redid the illustrations and added the new official one)
- Dr. Spectrum (Alice Nugent) (added official illo, changed height)
- Eel (Leopold Stryke) (reprinted and new illustrations)
- Foolkiller (Greg Salinger) (added new illustration, redid main illustration, clarified title)
- Frank Drake (redid illustration column)
- Interloper (much improved version of the illustration)
- Jerry Morgan (much improved version of the illustration)
- Mad Dog (redid illustration column)
- Manslaughter (improved version of the illustration)
- Nebulon (redid illustration column)
- Nocturne (vampire) (averaged height/weight, new illustration)
- Powerhouse (Rieg Davan) (improved version of the main illustration)
- Varnae (new illustration)
- Ultima (averaged height/weight, added name and names of relatives, mentioned official speculation as to powers, new illustration)
- The Word (newly-revealed real name added to the entry and its title)
- Spitfire (Jacqueline Falsworth) (writeup 5) (new illustration)
- Queen Divine Justice (new illustration, official height/weight, added Toyoshi to the Background block)
- Solarr (new illustration)
Three entries actually got redone because I couldn’t resist :
- Andromeda is now more clearly referenced as Andromeda Attumasen, the texts were rewritten for concision and style, there’s a new illustration and the other illustrations were improved. Her history and characterisation were also updated.
- All illustrations for the Tomazooma robot impostor were redone, and the texts have been expanded and reviewed.
- Shellshock had his illustration column redone, the texts reviewed for style and concision, and background details from the sourcebooks added.
Furthermore, the rest of the Exiles stuff was modernised so we can move on :
The Teeming Millions of writeups.org readers requested Pink Pearl, an obscure Alpha Flight opponent, on our Atomic Think Tank thread. She’s now in !
And lastly, our world-famous entry for Ivan the gunman – the keystone of all writeups.org entries – received a brand new illustration column. ALSO FEATURING IVAN THE GUNMAN’S REAL NAME. My God. Everything makes sense now.
And thus the 4,900th entry is a very small one about crappy combat robots. Oh, well. Can’t always win. 4,901 entries now. Oh, and don’t forget that you can now donate.