I’m starting to get the feeling the backlog is receding a bit – which also means that, beyond Marvel Boy and Ms. Montoya, we’re getting some seriously weird and obscure stuff. Roll call:
- NEW ART. Ali Ka-Zoom and Gimmix both got new stuff.
- Agent Hazzard is an interesting if obscure Marvel Universe super-soldier who underwent a tragic and poignant descent into insanity.
- COMMITTEE. Another minor hitman with a gimmick – Dragon, the karate hitman.
- Filling out our collection of combat robots, here comes another minor one, the Attackoid.
- Ebony, on the other hand, fills out our collection of opponents for Philippines’s main super-heroine, Darna. This entry was written by Adam.
- It has been a very long while since we haven’t had a conversion of an Aberrant character, so this batch has Epoch.
- AGENTS OF ATLAS. This is the turn of Marvel Boy, who likes Jimmy Woo gets a double-barelled writeup – a ‘Classic’ entry about his adventures as published in the early 1950s, and a ‘Modern’ writeup by Gareth based on his much more recent incarnation.
- ‘Memphis’ Raines is Nicolas Cage’s character in Gone in 60 seconds, a gifted high-end car thief who runs into trouble (writeup by Mike).
- Our first entry on Morgan Le Fay is by David and covers the medieval version of the character from Le Morte d’Arthur.
- RENEE MONTOYA. Here comes the second writeup, covering Renee from the quake to her becoming the Question. This huuuuuge (but heavily illustrated for the readers’s sake) writeup is also voluminous since it is ended to be a good brief about what happened in Gotham between the quake and 2006, as seen by the GCPD – an useful resource for those with a campaign set in Gotham.
- Smokescream is a minor but potentially frustrating Marvel villain.
- The legendary Sonny Sumo, recently back in the pages of Final Crisis, gets a writeup covering his original – and impressive – appearance in, Forever People.
- And finally we get another entry by Pur_see_i8 on Grindhouse – this time the villain of Death-Proof, the one and only Stuntman Mike.
Current number of entries is 3849.