The backlog is kind of, sort of under control, but there’s little room for slacking.
The semi-random draw resulted in what is nearly an all-villains batch, reflecting in part our policy to focus a bit more on opponents since this is the characters Gamemasters need most. Roll call :
- EXTREMISTS. Gareth’s Extremists entry for this batch is Gorgon. No, no that one. No, not that one either. Well, yeah sort of that one but in another version. Yeah, that one.
- V2s. As always, we work hard to upgrade and improve the older entries on writeups.org, and this batch has no less than three entirely redone villains :
- CLAN DESTINE. Continuing merrily through this under-appreciated book, Bryan now focuses on Lenz.
- DEADPOOL. Deadpool is one of the most popular characters at Marvel, so we decided to do something – “we” being Gareth in front and the rest of the crew hiding behind him. In this batch, Bob the agent of Hydra comes test whether its safe to publish more Deadpool stuff.
- CAPTAIN NAZI. As it happens we also have his niece, an obscure but useful villainess called Madame Libertine.
- We might modernise our very old Ultraverse material during the 2010s. Capita_Senyera helps test the waters with the Master of the Hunt, an opponent of the Freex.
- TIGER SHARK. Speaking of waters, here comes the second half of this big writeup of a classic, enduring and oh-so convenient Marvel villain.
- The one new heroic entry for this batch has been provided by Ethan – it’s a profile of Carrie Kelly, the Robin who appears in the landmark Dark Knight Frank Miller alternative future story.
The villainous reinforcements bring us to but 4554 entries, what with all the rewrites.