As noted there’s benchmarking/standardisation work going on on the DC Adventures front so these are done *before* there’s a hundred writeups to modify whenever we refine our benchmarks.
The current work resulted in changes applying to most of the writeups currently on the site:
- All entries on writeups.org have had their Perception Ranks aligned with the new scale in OMACS II. Mostly it’s changes by (0,2) points, but the scores now better align with the scores observed elsewhere so writeups.org characters will no longer be weirdly unobservant. And one entry was missing a Perception Skill altogether…
- The notation for enhanced attributes has been standardised using parentheses in the stats blocks and Ranks of Enhanced Attributes in the Powers. The writeups where people just had high Attributes stemming from Powers now more clearly express what is the baseline score and what is the enhanced score. The White Tiger (Hector Ayala) would be a very visible example of this (which has the benefit of working the stats of his amulets-less alter ego into his stats). It draws an interesting contrast for people who just… are what they are (like Svetlana X) rather than having documented “powers”. As a result of this Angela del Toro now has a single set of stats rather than a powered and a depowered one.
- I’ve removed the weird Quirks from the Copperhead entry, which noted that Enhanced Strength couldn’t take the total Strength above a certain threshold. I’m not quite sure of what the best way to address this is, but I don’t think it’s a Quirk. Also removed the notes addressing this from the Slagg entry since it should be discussed in a more central place.
- The entry for Starfire (the swords-and-planets one) now includes DCA information about the aliens. These sections were previously presented in large grey boxes but we’re steering away from those for legibility reasons.
- The entry for Batwoman (Katherine Rebecca Kane) has also been rejiggered so the information about her gear and her dad is easily accessible for both DCH and DCA players.
Battlestar remains the exemplar of the current writeups.org stating style.