Airk is leader of the Galladoorn army, and a minor heroic character in the 1988 fantasy/adventure movie Willow.
For more context, see the Willow character profile.
- Real Name: Airk Thaughbaer.
- Known Relatives: None.
- Group Affiliation: Galladoorn.
- Base of Operations: Galladoorn.
- Height: 6’4″ (1.93m). Weight: 220 lbs (100 kg.).
- Eyes: Blue. Hair: Blond.
Powers & Abilities
He’s an adept horseman as well.
Airk leads the army of Galladoorn, commanding between 20 and 50 warriors. Well-armed and armored. But he can lead over 1,000 if a major battle is coming.
The Nockmaar army destroyed Galladoorn’s castle. Airk led a counterattack but, they were again defeated with heavy casualties.
Madmartigan and Willow first met Airk at the crossroads where Airk left Madmartigan to die in a cage.
Airk tailed General Kael, who was tracking Madmartigan and company to Tir Asleen. They fought hard but Kael himself escaped with the child of prophecy, Elora Danan.
Sorsha then switched sides and joined Airk and Madmartigan. They followed Kael back to Nockmaar castle.
A great storm is coming, but the tide has turned
Airk ordered a siege at dawn. Bavmorda looked down from her battlements and laughed. Then, using her magic, she turned Airk’s army into pigs.
Only Willow and Raziel, who used the Shelter-Chant, escaped her spell.
Raziel used Cherlindrea’s wand to undo Bavmorda’s spell on Airk’s army. All were back to normal, but the enemy was unaware of this.
Willow had an idea to use this to their advantage.
Airk is a huge man, built for battle. His blond hair and beard are long, with portions braided.
He wears Galladoorn golden plate armor.
Airk will always carry his preferred weapon, a knife.
He always smiles when meeting people he knows.
At some point, Airk and Madmartigan were soldiers together. Something happened to cause a rift in their friendship. Airk saw Madmartigan’s determination to serve no one as a betrayal.
He’s loyal. Even with the castle destroyed, Airk forged ahead, rallying his soldiers to continue the fight… “For Galladoorn!”
Airk is a strong enemy of Bavmorda.
(Madmartigan sits in a crow’s cage. Airk marches his army by.)
Madmartigan: “What are you doing this far north ?”
Airk: “The Nockmaar army destroyed Galladoorn.”
Madmartigan: (Surprised) “The castle ?”
Airk: “Bavmorda’s troops are crushing everything in sight.”
Madmartigan: “Come on. Let me out of here, Airk. Give me a sword. I’ll win this war for you.”
Airk: “Madmartigan. I still serve Galladoorn. You serve no one. Remember ? Sit in your coffin and rot.”
Airk: “I knew you’d get out of that rat trap.”
Madmartigan: “You left me to die, Airk !”
Airk: “I probably saved your life. We were slaughtered and I lost a lot of…”
Old man: “Shhh, quiet.”
(Sorsha enters the building they are hiding in)
Airk: “You always told me you served no one, Madmartigan. Since when are you a crusader ?” (At this, Madmartigan can’t look Airk in the eyes. He turns away.)
Airk: “He’s not going to help you, peck. He’s a worthless thief.”
Madmartigan: “I’m not a thief, Airk.”
Willow: “He’s not a thief. Are you ?”
Madmartigan (stands): “I serve the Nelwyn, Airk. Want to come with us ?”
Airk: “You’ll never make it, Madmartigan.”
“We need towers and a battering ram ! Break out the tents, make camp ! We’ll assault at first light.”
“Come on Madmartigan, you and I are soldiers, you know the peck’s plan will never work.”
“Win this war for me.”
“I’ve lost more than half my men fighting Bavmorda. Now you and this peck are gonna take her on ?”
DC Heroes RPG
A 280 points Character (Without equipment).
|Dex: 04||Str: 04||Bod: 04|
|Int: 03||Wil: 03||Min: 04|
|Inf: 04||Aur: 03||Spi: 03|
|Init: 011||HP: 005|
Animal Handling (Riding): 03, Military Science (Without Cryptography and Demolitions): 05, Weaponry (Melee, Missile, Siege weapons): 05
Expertise (Siege tactics), Credentials (Galladoorn military, High).
Madmartigan (Low), Galladoorn (High), Galladoorn military (Low).
Minor Irrational Attraction to the service of Galladoorn.
Responsibility of Power.
Knight and leader of Galladoorn’s army.
- SCALE VEST (w/plate pauldrons and greaves) [BODY 03, Blunting: 02, Damage capacity: 03, Enhance (Bludgeoning, Piercing, Slashing RV): 01 (cap is 05), Stealth penalty 3/3, Bonus: Damage Capacity has the Full Recovery with Infrastructure Bonus, Limitation: Partial Coverage (Jacket)].
- SPARTAN-ish HELMET. Airk wears this when he enters a pitched battle. It has a horse hair crest and full cheek guards, and adds the following to the SCALE VEST above:
- Enhance (RV against Critical, Devastation and doubles): 03 (cap is 08).
- Enhance (Unarmed RV): 03 (cap is 10).
- Drawback: Audial Perception rolls have +1CS to their OV/RV.
- Pata “gauntlet-sword” [BODY 04, Enhance (Slashing EV): 02 (cap is 06), Enhance (Piercing EV): 01 (cap is 05), Descriptor: Slashing, piercing, Bonuses and limitations: the design makes it much harder to be disarmed giving an additional +1 C.S.penalty to the OV against a Disarm maneuver].
- MEDIUM ROUND SHIELD [BODY (Hardened Defenses) 05, Enhance (EV): 01 (cap is 04), Recommended STR 02, Descriptor: Bludgeon, Note: OV/RV bonus when using the Block Manoeuvre is 2 APs, Note: the OV bonus for the Shield Cover Manoeuvre is 2 APs].
- Broadsword [BODY 04, Enhance (EV): 02 (cap is 06), Descriptor: Slashing, piercing].
- Dagger [BODY 03, Enhance (EV): 01 (cap is 05), Descriptor: Piercing].
- Badass Bow [BODY 04, Enhance (EV): 01 (cap is 05), Enhance (Range): 03 (cap is 07), Ammo: 01, Recommended STR: 04, R#02, Limitation: Low Penetration, Descriptor: Piercing].
- QUIVER [Ammo: 10, Limitations: Ammunition load for Bow.]
- Airk rides a horse with standard stats.
Wealth is a total guess. It could be 000 now that Galladoorn is destroyed.