Antæus is an obscure opponent of Batman & the Outsiders. He was only seen in one 1984 story.
- Known Relatives: None.
- Group Affiliation: New Olympians.
- Base Of Operations: Unrevealed.
- Height: Var. Weight: Var.
- Eyes: White. Hair: Unrevealed.
Powers and Abilities
He’s also about three metres (9’10”) tall – and the constant influx of energy keeps erasing his wounds.
The New Olympians are a group of mortal supervillains who were given their abilities by the Monitor.
Antaeus fought a wrestling match against Geo-Force. Geo-Force drawing his powers from earth, he noticed that Antaeus was doing the same – and defeated him by levitating him with his antigravity powers.
In 2008 the New Olympians were all murdered by Gog (William Matthews), because Geoff Johns. However, Antaeus was found lying on the floor. Which logically means that his regenerative power was still working.
On some panels, the face sculpted on his belt buckle seems to be a Gorgon. There’s a loose link in that, in some versions, both the half-giant Antæus and the Gorgons were offspring of Gaia and fought the Gods.
So I guesss that the portrait on his belt could be Gaia instead ? A bit like a deluxe version of the “♥ mum” tattoo.
Big, confident brickA character with superior strength and endurance, but usually (not always) lacking in mobility who speaks like he were some kind of mythical king.
“Good – that rattled my bones. Now let me rattle yours.”
DC Heroes RPG
|Dex: 08||Str: 10||Bod: 09|
|Int: 04||Wil: 04||Min: 04|
|Inf: 05||Aur: 03||Spi: 05|
|Init: 017||HP: 020|
Growth: 02, Regeneration: 08
Martial artist: 05
Maxie Zeus (Low).
Power Loss [Regeneration and Growth drop to 00 ; STR and BODY drops to 06 ; DEX drops to 04 ; Condition: Not being in contact with the ground].
DC Adventures RPG
Antæus — Averaged PL 10
|05 (10)||04 (07)||01 (03)||01|
|02 (06)||01||01||00 (01)|
Chthonic accent ● 45 points ● Descriptor: Unrevealed
– Growth 1, Protection 2, Regeneration 2.
– Enhanced Fighting 4, Enhanced Strength 4, Enhanced Stamina 2, Enhanced Agility 2, Enhanced Presence 1.
– Enhanced Dodge 4, Enhanced Parry 2, Enhanced Will 2.
– Enhanced Advantages (Close Attack 2, Defensive Roll 1, Great Endurance, Improved Grab).
Chokehold, Close Attack 2, Defensive Roll 1, Ranged Attack 1.
Close combat (Unarmed) 2 (+12), Insight 2 (+3), Perception 3 (+4), Persuasion 1 (+2)
|Unarmed +12, Close, Damage 10.|
* Without Defensive Roll. All scores assuming that his Power is active.
- Merc for Money Antaeus works for dangerous people – and some, like Maxie Zeus, are unstable.
- You’re grounded If Antaeus isn’t in firm contact with the ground, his Power is disabled.
- Trade-off areas. Attack/Effect PL 11, Dodge/Toughness PL 12, Parry/Toughness PL 12, Fort/Will PL 08.
- Points total 99. Abilities 30, Defences 15, Skills 4, Powers 45, Devices 0, Advantages 5. Equiv. PL 7.
I’ve kept the Growth a 1 since it makes it easier to land on the correct numbers, without extra verbiage (such as Enhanced Dodge and Parry to compensate for Growth penalties, and the like).
So the rank of Growth is more a marker of his stature than a Rank-perfect modelisation of same.
Source of Character: Batman and the Outsiders #14-15.