The witty dwarf in the 1980’s film Hawk the Slayer. He’s a whip fighter.
If you need more context, you should first check our Hawk the Slayer character profile.
- Real Name: Baldin.
- Known Relatives: None.
- Group Affiliation: Hawk’s companions.
- Base of Operations: The Iron Hills.
- Height: 4’8″ (1.42m). Weight: 90 lbs. (41 kg.).
- Eyes: Blue. Hair: Black and curly.
Powers & Abilities
A rogue who lives by his wits.
He’s most likely going to talk his way out of a situation.
Being a dwarf, Baldin is a magical being. Just like the elves, giants, or rock trolls of his world.
Hawk trusts Baldin’s judgment on security and statistics before a battle.
See the Hawk character profile for details on the world and Baldin’s adventure.
He sports a goatee with a mop of curly hair.
Being the rogue in the group, Baldin wears dark clothing.
Baldin rides a donkey, obviously for comedic value.
Baldin loves to have fun at Gort’s expense. Still, they are good friends and respect one another.
“Water ! I never did like the stuff.”
“The Iron Hills are no more. If I am to die, why not amongst friends ?”
“All is secure. It will take a thousand men to enter here now.”
(The Sister sets a whole chicken and four bake potatoes before the group)
Gort: “Thank you, sister. That will be sufficient for me. Now please, some food for my friends.”
(Baldin shakes his head like it’s not a good idea.)
Gort: “What is it ?”
Baldin: “It’s nothing. Enjoy the food. It probably won’t affect you, in any case.”
Gort: “Do you know something dwarf, that I don’t ? Out with it.”
Baldin: “Not really important. The food will taste just the same to you…. believe me.”
Gort: :”Little brother, you’re trying my patience. Unless you want to end up even shorter your tongue had better speak quickly. Why do you say it will taste the same ?”
Baldin: “Very well then, Longshanks. So be it. We are in a Monastery. Surely that’s clear ? Even to you.”
Baldin: “Well, all I’m saying is that might be holy food.”
Gort: “Dammit, little brother, what does that mean ‘holy food’ ?”
Baldin: “Holy food has a flavor that some find not to their liking.”
Gort: “Is this holy food ?”
Baldin: “How should I know ? You’ll find out soon enough when you finish it.”
Gort: “No. You find out. You’re the expert.”
(And so Baldin gets to eat first.)
Hawk: “Baldin, check to see that this place can be held against attack.”
(Returning after a quick survey)
Baldin: “No way in there, a small door leading to the outside, barred it will hold against many men. The rest is as you see.”
DC Heroes RPG
|Dex: 04||Str: 02||Bod: 03|
|Int: 05||Wil: 03||Min: 03|
|Inf: 03||Aur: 02||Spi: 03|
|Init: 012||HP: 005|
Bonuses and Limitations:
Shrinking is Form Function, Always On and Already Factored In.
Animal Handling (Horses): 03, Charisma: 03, Thief (without Security Systems): 02, Weaponry (Melee, Whip): 05
Expertise (Home security), Gift of Gab.
Thrill of Adventure.
- PADDED JACKET [BODY 02, Blunting: 01, Damage capacity: 02, Enhance (Piercing, Slashing RV): 01 (cap is 05), Bonuses & Limitations: Damage Capacity only vs. Piercing, Slashing. Damage Capacity has the Full Recovery Bonus. Partial Coverage (Jacket, +2 OV to bypass)].
- Whip [BODY 02, Enhance (EV): 01 (cap is 04), Enhance (STR): 01 (cap is 05), Stretching: 00, Descriptor: Slashing, Limitations: Enhance (STR) only when performing a Grappling, Disarm or Wrestling Manoeuvre; Stretching has No Fine Manipulation and no lifting power]. Mostly used for Intimidation… or fishing.
- Dagger [BODY 05, Enhance (EV): 01 (Cap is 06), Descriptor: Piercing, Slashing].
- Skull-Cracker [BODY 02, Enhance (EV): 02 (cap is 04), R#3, Descriptor: Blunt]. A simple wooden club with a stone at one end.
- Baldin rides a donkey. Use horse stats but drop STR and BODY each by 1 AP.
Some stats are arbitrary.
Height and weight are guesses, as often.
Source of Character: The 1980 movie Hawk the Slayer, character portrayed by Peter O’Farrell .
Writeup completed on the 11th of January, 2020.