Batman’s Dark Knight Returns power armor
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns was a tremendously influential 1986 graphic novel. Adding a muttered “probably too influential” has long since become a cliché but, well, it’s not wrong either.
Near the end of the story, Batman (Bruce Wayne) uses a suit of power armourStrength-enhancing body armour, like Iron Man’s. Back in the ’80s and ’90s most tabletop role-players likely wondered what were the stats of this thing were.
So, for decades, we’ve had this capsule set of stats tucked into a corner of our site.
For more Batman material, see our bat-guide to our Batman character profiles.
DC Heroes RPG
Tell me more about the game stats
- DARK KNIGHT ARMOR [/STR/ 17 /BODY/ 15, Acid (No Range): 12, Lightning (No Range): 15, Paralysis: 15, Shade (sonics): 03, Limitations:
- STR must be backed up with a strong enough electric source (the power in all of Gotham is needed to reach a 17) or is just a 13.
- Acid has Ammo: 02.
- Lightning can only be used with a connection with a strong enough electric source (the power in all of Gotham is needed to reach a 15).
- Lightning is Fatiguing and this directly affects the wielder, without protection from the armor.
- Paralysis has Ammo: 01 and can only be followed by Lightning in the subsequent phases (the current locks the target’s muscles).
- Shade (sonics) also blocks the wielder’s sense of hearing.
- Note : Acid was used in a Trick Shot to the eyes to act as a Flash power].
- Sonic Rifle [BODY 04, Sonic blast: 14, Ammo 04, R#04].
- Explosive charge [BODY 02, EV 14, Area of Effect, Ammo: 01].
Source of Character: Dark Knight by Miller.