This is the second half of this article. The first half is there.
Resident Evil 6 Flashbacks
In 2012, Chris and Piers were sent to Edonia. This Eastern European country was experiencing a civil war. The rebels had started deploying J’avo mutated soldiers.
Redfield brought along a team of trainees so they’d gain field experience.
Their Armored Personnel Carrier was destroyed by heavily armed J’avo troopers. Then an Ogroman giant BOW attacked. As all seemed lost, one of the recruits used the APC’s main gun and saved the day.
The capital’s city hall had been overrun with BOWs. But the team ran into Sherry Birkin. One of the few survivors of Raccoon City, she was now working for a US anti-biological-terror agency.
Ms. Birkin was accompanied by a mercenary named Jake Muller – who seemed familiar, but Redfield couldn’t quite place him.
They then ran into a woman claiming to be the mysterious Ada Wong, another Racoon City survivor. She said that the BOWs in Edonia had been engineered by a faction called Neo Umbrella, using the C-Virus.
Chris decided to join forces with her, but it was a trap. They were separated from Sherry and Jake, then all BSAA agents but Chris and Piers were trapped and infected.
Chris was savagely beaten by the mutated trainees, but Piers dragged him out of the building. The pair were rescued at the last minute by BSAA reinforcements.
Chris regained consciousness before doctors could see him. The shock had left him an amnesiac, and he fled in a panic.
He then became a drunk and brute somewhere in Eastern Europe. Known as “the stray dog”, he was a dive bar’s worst customer. The stray dog occasionally worked as a bodyguard to pay for his booze.
But Piers eventually found him. He restored his memory by showing him photos of the BSAA and their fallen teammates.
Redfield thus began his long difficult road to recovery. But his memory remained hazy for a long while.
The Chinese Connection
Chris returned to active duty, hoping it would help with recovering his memory. He was dispatched to Waiyip, a city in the Chinese Province of Lanshiang. The job was to free Americans held hostage by Neo Umbrella.
The team fought its way through waves of J’avo troopers. Seeing these BOWs restored Chris’ memories of Edonia. He vowed to avenge his fallen comrades by bringing Ada to justice.
The hostages were freed, but as they evacuated a BSAA agent was slain by an invisible BOW. The others gave chase – which is how they stumbled upon Sherry and Jake, who had been missing for months.
Piers wanted to escort them out, but Chris was determined to find his quarry.
This was the wrong choice. The BOW was an Iluzija, a giant snake that could turn invisible. It had reeled them into a trap.
Most of the BSAA team was slain, but Chris managed to fry the BOW using the building’s electrical system.
Ada Wong then came in and shot one of the few survivors with a C-Virus dart. Only Chris and Piers survived this.
They still gave chase, but an attack helicopter ambushed them. They destroyed it, then cornered Ada in a warehouse. But as Chris was about to execute her, Leon Kennedy and his partner Helena Harper came in.
Leon wanted to capture rather than kill Ada. He thought that she was merely an agent of the real mastermind, US national security advisor Derek Simmons. As the two argued, Ada escaped.
Leon continued to confront Chris as he sought to resume the chase. Redfield realised that his bloody-minded yearning for vengeance was acting more like “the stray dog” than like himself. He therefore agreed to capture Wong while Leon dealt with Simmons.
Commandeering a well-armed jeep, Redfield and Nivans caught Wong again. She had a briefcase full of enhanced C-virus. However, one of Simmons’ men shot her from a helicopter, and she fell to her death.
It was later revealed that “Ada Wong” was actually an altered Carla Radames, a Neo Umbrella higher up. She had impersonated Wong to create discord and mistrust between BSAA and its allies.
The agents then learned that a nearby ship was equipped with C-virus missiles. Chris hijacked a jump jet to sink it, but the missiles were launched. They turned most of the city’s population into flesh-eating zombies.
At Leon’s request, Chris and Piers went to rescue Sherry and Jake from a Neo Umbrella underwater facility. In so doing they learned that Jake had antibodies to resist the C-virus, and was Wesker’s son.
Jake almost shot Chris upon discovering that he was Albert’s killer. But he ultimately decided that the mission was bigger than their personal grievances. Chris and Piers stayed to fight the HAOS monster as Sherry and Jake escaped.
They were overcome. Piers was seriously injured, and Chris was about to get killed.
Seeing no other way, Piers injected himself with the C-virus. He mutated into being capable of shooting lightning. The electrical attacks allowed Chris to butcher the HAOS with his knife.
They made their way to the escape pods. But despite Chris’ pleas, the infected Piers refused to leave. The HAOS then attacked Chris’ escape pod, but a huge electrical discharge killed it and destroyed the base.
Chris was eventually rescued by a BSAA search party.
Resident Evil Heavenly Island
Chris had been considering retiring and letting Piers succeed him. But he decided to carry on in Nivans’ honor, and remained a Captain with the BSAA.
As he grieved he visited the dive bar where he had been “the stray dog”. But before he could drink anything, a BSAA agent came in with new mission orders.
In 2014, Chris was working in the Mojave Desert. Claire called to request backup to face a zombie outbreak. There was no way for Chris to reach her in time, but he dispatched trusted field agent Parker Luciani to the Sonido de Tortuga Island to help his sister out.
Resident Evil Vendetta
Chris’s next mission took him to Mexico to retrieve BSAA operative Kathy White and her son Zack. They had valuable intel on wanted BOW dealer Glenn Arias. Chris also seemed to have some ties with Kathy.
Redfield and team infiltrated a seemingly abandoned country mansion that was her last known location. But they were attacked by a horde of zombies, including Zack, and Arias had trapped the mansion.
Chris was the only one to get out. Upon exiting he was confronted by Glenn Arias, but he was too badly wounded to fight. Arias therefore beat Redfield further, then sent a zombified White after him. Unlike other zombies, the infected White wouldn’t attack her handlers.
The hunt for Glenn Arias
Chris survived and swore vengeance. He also sent samples to Rebecca Chambers. She isolated the A-Virus, as well as traces of the Las Plagas parasite. This was useful for her current vaccine research.
However, Becky’s lab was attacked. It was gassed with the virus, turning everyone into zombies. She had little choice but to inject herself with her prototype vaccine, but she was now on borrowed time.
Seeking more information about the Las Plagas parasite, they located Leon Kennedy in Colorado. However, Leon had recently lost an entire team in an ambush. He was depressed, drunk and apathetic.
Chris almost got into a fight with Leon, but Becky calmed them down. Arias’ mutated thugs then came in, shot up the place, killed an informant and kidnapped Ms. Chambers.
Chris and Leon put aside their differences and determined that Arias’ next attack would take place in New York City.
The New York City Outbreak
They arrived too late, and force reaction was too slow. They therefore had to dive in to limit the bloodshed.
Chris drove a Hummer to take out Arias’ trucks before they released the virus. One of his men aboard was killed by mutated attack dogs, but he persevered.
The rest of Chris’ Silver Dagger squad provided fire support from an Osprey, and Leon rode a motorbike to help stop the trucks.
With the spread somewhat contained, they stormed Arias’ HQ. After shooting his way through zombie hordes, Chris reached the lab where Becky was held. Arias’ mutated strongman Diego almost stopped him, but Redfield killed him with an incendiary grenade.
Chris ended up fighting Glenn Arias on a glass roof. Glenn had Chris pinned, but the beefy agent threw him through the glass roof in a last ditch effort.
Glenn and Diego were mortally wounded, but they fused into a sort of two-headed Tyrant variant. Chris was too badly wounded to face it, but Leon came in in the nick of time. As Leon fought the thing, Chris recovered the vaccine Becky needed.
He then returned to the roof. At this point, the wounded Tyrant was clinging under the fire support Osprey. Chris shot the monster into its exposed heart with a grenade, blowing it to pieces.
The team then distributed their stocks of vaccine to finish containing the outbreak.
Resident Evil 7 Biohazard
Blue Umbrella, a private mercenary firm made up of former Umbrella troopers, requested Redfield’s help in Dulvey, Louisiana. Not trusting them one bit, Chris nevertheless agreed – so he could monitor them.
Their objective was to arrest Lucas Baker. He was a suspected operative of The Connections, a criminal syndicate and known bioweapons dealers. Lucas was supposedly in possession of the Mold, a new horrific BOW.
On-site, Chris helped one Ethan Winters fight off a monstrous BOW. He then had Winters and his wife Mia evacuated by helicopter.
He then located one of the Blue Umbrella agents lost at Baker’s hand. Baker himself attacked Redfield, and managed to strap a bomb to Chris’ arm before he had to flee.
Within a salt mine, Lucas killed two more agents and triggered the bomb on Chris’ arm. But Redfield received expert instructions over the radio, and used liquid nitrogen to disarm the explosives.
He survived Baker’s next trap, and confirmed that he intended to sell files to The Connections.
Chris laid a trap for Lucas, but was ambushed in turn. This forced him to shoot in self-defense, activated Baker’s latent mutation. The criminal had to be killed, whereas the objective had been to interrogate him.
Ethan Winters then contacted Chris, requesting that he save his friend Zoe Baker. Redfield succeeded.
History (Resident Evil VII_I_age, aka RE8)
(As of this writing this game was released fairly recently, so S P O I L E R S warnings here).
The BSAA covered up the Dulvey incident, damaging Chris’ trust in the agency. He took command of the elite Hound Wolf Squad and seemingly went rogue. Their objective was to hunt down a new BOW codenamed Miranda.
Miranda sought Rosemary Winters, Ethan and Mia’s baby. She impersonated Mia Winters.
When Chris came in he stormed the Winters’ house, executed “Mia” in front of Ethan, and kidnapped little Rose. To determine whether Rose was an advanced BOW, as Miranda thought.
Miranda survived and kidnapped Rose. She took her to The Village, which was under her mental control.
Chris and his team came in, seeking to rescue Ethan and his daughter. They found Ethan, but he still thought that Chris had murdered Mia. At this point a mutated fish attacked, separating them.
Redfield located Winters again, but had to disarm him and knock it out. Ethan refused to believe him about Mia.
Chris planted explosives within the factory, while telling Ethan about the origin of Miranda and her monster squad.
They then commandeered a self-propelled gun to take out the factory’s owner Heisenberg. But this resulted in the premature detonation of the explosives, separating them again.
Despite Chris’ warnings, Ethan attempted to kill Miranda. But she ripped his heart out. Considering that he had failed Ethan, Chris vowed vengeance.
By this point, Miranda controlled the entire Village.
A BSAA team then came in. But Chris didn’t trust them. He had one of his men keep an eye on them, while he led the rest in locating Miranda.
Redfield ordered not to attack right away. He first had to destroy the Fungal Root at the source of her Mold, and gather intel from her lab.
In the lab, Chris found out that Miranda had associated with Oswald Spencer, decades before. She and her Mold seemed to be the root cause behind bioweapons tech.
Chris also rescued Mia. He told her he was looking for Rosemary, and about Ethan’s death. But Mia thought that Ethan was still alive – she knew that he had special characteristics that even her husband was unaware of.
When Miranda attempted a ceremony to awaken Rose’s mental powers, Chris and team crashed the party. Ethan, still weakened, also showed up. Chris tried to keep him out for Rose’s sake. But while Miranda was killed, Ethan was once again fatally wounded.
The dying Ethan made Chris promise that he would raise Rose to be strong. Chris then blew everything up as they evacuated, and told Mia about Ethan.
As they flew out, one of Chris’ men told him that at least one BSAA agent was a BOW. Chris decided to go to the BSAA’s European headquarters and demand explanations.
What happened next remains unrevealed.
An epilog showed that Chris kept his promise, raising and training Rose Winters. But even he didn’t know about every single one of Rosemary’s powers…
Chris is a large and intimidating individual.
He always was big and muscular, but the games kept making him larger to emphasise his strength. By RE5 he basically looks like an upside-down triangle whose neck is disappearing. After that, they started toning it down.
When in the field he dresses in the kind of flak jackets and combat gear that one would expect.
Otherwise, he wears covering, loose-fitting clothing such as turtlenecks, overcoats, and looser pants.
The latter is to make himself look a bit less intimidating. He still doesn’t look like the sort of person you’d want to get into a bar brawl with, but it makes him look more approachable.
He usually goes unshaven – a rugged outdoorsman type.
Redfield is a soldier through and through, but he’s certainly not one to blindly follow orders.
While he’s obviously intelligent he often leads with his heart. He has shown honor and compassion more often than not, and clearly has a deep burning sense of justice.
He particularly hated Wesker. Who not only betrayed his team, but also humanity. All in the name of profit and power.
Chris is a natural born leader, in large part due to his sense of empathy. He will, without hesitation, put his life on the line to rescue a teammate. He also feels deeply about casualties, which once resulted in a breakdown and depression.
Chris cares deeply for Claire. But he respects her independence, and is proud of how well she can take care of herself. He respects her as an equal, and won’t intervene unless zombie hordes are involved.
Leon Kennedy is a sort of frenemy of his. The two have quite a bit in common, but they just can’t seem to get along. They might have too much in common, making them too prone to see in the other their shared weaknesses.
But they respect each other. And on the rare occasions when they do manage to put their differences aside and work together, they make one hell of a team.
One of Chris’ strongest bonds is with teammate and often partner, Jill Valentine.
Like so many Capcom characters, Mr. Redfield just doesn’t seem to be interested in love and romance.
Along with his strong sense of justice Chris will do almost anything in his power to right wrongs. This was evident when he spent over a decade chasing Wesker. Or when he agreed to take in Rose and raise her to be strong after Ethan sacrificed himself.
Other than all that he is generally a warm and caring man, who’s friendly and outgoing. He generally doesn’t have too much trouble making friends especially when it comes to his coworkers.
“We continued in search of the other members… and it turned into… a nightmare…”
“Yeah ! It’s payback time. It’s time to destroy Umbrella. Now let’s finish this once and for all !”
“The nightmare ends, here and now.”
“We’ll find you, Jill… I promise…”
“A few years ago, the BSAA received intel into the whereabouts of Umbrella’s founder Oswell E. Spencer. Jill and I were ordered to the BSAA’s European Headquarters to apprehend him. We accepted that mission in hopes of uncovering some info that would lead us to Wesker.”
“More and more I find myself wondering if it’s all worth fighting for. For a future without fear ? Yeah, that’s worth it.”
“I know that it’s not any of my business, but I want you to think of us as a family… no matter how this all ends.”
“My colleagues and I have been fighting bioterrorism for years. I am used to it.”
“Most of the victims were just innocent kids… including her !”
“Finn… hang in there. No, goddammit !”
“I’m Redfield. I’m glad we found you.” (To Ethan introducing himself.)
DC Heroes RPG
Tell me more about the game stats
|Dex: 06||Str: 06||Bod: 06|
|Int: 06||Wil: 06||Min: 07|
|Inf: 05||Aur: 07||Spi: 07|
|Init: 019||HP: 080|
Systemic Antidote*: 06. See below.
Acrobatics (Dodging)*: 06, Detective (clue analysis): 05, Medicine (First aid): 05, Thief (Stealth): 06, Vehicles (SEAL): 08, Weaponry: 09
Credentials (BSAA (High)), Intensive Training, Iron Nerves, Rank (Highest ranking BSAA field agent by far, can command all other operatives), Schtick (Burst of Strength), Local Hero (BSAA and other anti-BOW groups).
Jill Valentine (High), Barry Burton (High), Claire Redfield (High), Rebecca Chambers (High), Leon Kennedy (High), Clive R. O’Brian (Low), Parker Luciani (High), Sheva Alomar (High), Kirk Mathison (Low), Josh Stone (High).
Responsibility of Power (formerly Seeking Justice).
Chris has been seen using the following equipment, but note that given his status in the BSAA, he can likely get his hands on anything he needs and that of course includes aircraft.
His core gear is:
- Combat knife [BODY 05, Enhance (EV): 01 (Cap is 06), Descriptor: Piercing, Slashing].
- Beretta 92FS [BODY 03, Projectile weapon: 04, Ammo: 15, R#03]. These once were the STARS sidearms. It is also the most common sidearm issue with the BSAA.
- Assault rifle [BODY 04, Projectile weapons: 06, Ammo: 08, R#02, Advantage: Autofire]. Exact model varies as noted below.
RE1 additional equipment:
- Magnum revolver [BODY 03, Projectile weapons: 05, Range: 04, Ammo: 05, Rec. STR 03, R#02, Advantage: Edge (Projectile Weapons)]. This is Barry’s handun. Though it looks like a Colt Python, it has Humongous Hand Cannon stats as per the Resident Evil tradition.
- Remington M870 shotgun [BODY 04, Shotgun Blast (Range 03): 06, Ammo: 07, R#03, Recommended STR: 02, Drawback: Very Long Reload]. A typical US police shotgun. It can be procured during the game by defeating a booby trap.
- FN Minimi SAW [BODY 04, Projectile weapons: 05, Range: 06, Ammo: 12, R#03, Recommended STR 02 (none when using a bipod and the Bracing Bonus), Limitation: Projectile weapons has No Range and uses the listed Range instead, Advantage: Autofire, Drawback: Long Reload, MPR (heavy and cumbersome – cutting movement speed by 1 – unless your STR is 1 APs above the Rec. STR].
This can be unlocked in the game, but the ammunition is weirdly underpowered – hence the abnormally low Projectiles Weapons APs.
- Umbrella flamethrower small arm [BODY 03, Flame project: 07, Ammo: 06, Range: 03, Rec. STR 01, Advantage: Autofire, Bonus: Flame Project does Continuing Damage (like Disintegration) for up to 5 Phases, Limitation: Flame project has No Range, use the listed Range, Drawback: MPR (heavy and cumbersome – cutting movement speed by 1 – unless your STR is 2+ APs above Rec. STR)].
These look just like the ones the marines use in the 1986 Aliens movie.
- Rocket launcher, of course [BODY 01, Bomb: 04, Projectile Weapons: 09, Sharpness (Projectile weapons): 02, Ammo: 04, Bonus: Projectile weapons and Bomb can be Combined (Bomb rides the Range of Projectile weapons)].
The traditional final boss fight weapon. It looks like a M202 FLASH, presumably as a Commando movie reference.
RE Code Veronica equipment:
- The Beretta is replaced by a Glock 17, same stats but Ammo: 17.
- Colt Python. Same stats as before, but getting it is convoluted and there’s only 18 rounds for it in the entire game.
- Paired Ingram MAC-11 [BODY 03, Projectile weapons: 05, Ammo: 06, R#03, Advantage : Autofire]. The one and only time that Chris is seen dual wielding firearms. This could just be a continuity error or maybe it was just easier for Capcom to recycle weapons in Code Veronica as Claire is clearly the main character and she frequently dual wields. Feel free to temporarily grant Chris the Paired Firearms Schtick if you wish with these and only these.
When playing Chris, there’s no extra ammunition for these weapons – once they’re empty that’s it.
- A pistol-grip SPAS-12, same stats as the RE1 shotgun.
- M79 Grenade Launcher [BODY 02, Range: 07, Ammo: 01 but likely more, Bonus: Range can be Indirect (limited to ballistic arcs, +1), Drawback: Very Long Reload]. There are upgrades for this particular weapon – specifically for ammo capacity – the maximum of which could take you to an insane 36 for ammo capacity. Perhaps it is somehow belt-fed ?
- Fictional grenade types for the M79 include:
- Explosive rounds [BODY 01, EV (Area of Effect 0 APs): 07, R#02].
- White phosphorus round [BODY 01, Fog: 03, Flame project: 07, Grenade drawback, Bonus : Flame project and Fog are Combined (Flame project is active thorough the Fog), R#03].
- Acid round [BODY 01, Fog: 03, Acid: 07, Grenade drawback, Bonus : Flame project and Fog are Combined (Acid is active thorough the Fog), R#03].
- Rocket launcher. This one looks like an AT4 recoilless launcher, but with RPG-7-type grips. Same stats as the rocket launcher in RE1.
- The Linear Launcher [BODY 04, Lightning: 10, R#03]. An experimental weapon produced by Umbrella at their secret Antarctica base. It fires out a blue ball of chain lightning and looks like a futuristic shoulder mounted sci-fi weapon. After being fired it takes four rounds to recharge before it can be fired again and is powerful enough to one shot the final boss. A similar weapon is deployed by the BSAA in RE: Vendetta.
RE Revelations equipment:
- The standard-issue BSAA assault rifle at this point is a H&K G36V with a shortened barrel.
- Colt Python. The usual.
- The Desert-Eagle-like “Lightning Hawk” has the same stats as the Python.
- Pale Rider (no relation). A Python with a very long barrel that does enormous damage. An unlockable endgame weapon, essentially [BODY 04, Projectile weapons: 06, Range: 04, Ammo: 05, Rec. STR 03, R#02].
- MP5A3 submachinegun [BODY 04, Projectile weapons: 05, Ammo: 11, R#03, Advantage : Autofire]. In the game these had a 50-round capacity, hence the elevated Ammo score.
- Benelli M3 Super 90. Same stats as previous shotguns.
- RE5 amps the RE tradition of upgrading guns into having manifestly impossible ammo capacities. For instance, the basic Beretta 92FS can eventually reach Ammo: 100.
- Combat machete [BODY 05, Enhance (EV): 02 (cap is 06), Descriptor: Slashing, piercing]. Given Chris’ bulk, it is treated here as being closer to a broadsword.
- Beretta 93R burst-capable pistol [BODY 03, Projectile weapons: 04, Ammo: 20, Bonus : May use a burst mode increasing EV to 05 – each burst costing three Ammo (5pts), Recommended STR: 02 (03 with bursts), R#03].
- The H&K P8 seems to be another common BSA sidearm. It is most notable for firing light armour-piercing ammunition. Chris sometimes has a SIG-Sauer P226 instead.
- The “Lightning Hawk” returns, same stats as before. There is also a S&W M29 revolver with a long barrel, same hand cannon stats.
- There is a S&W Model 500 with the same stats as the Pale Rider before. In-game it does more damage than a rocket launcher (!!), but stats-wise we’re trying to preserve vague verisimilitudeMaking a story feel credible..
- Ithaca 37 Stakeout and a Benelli M3 Super 90, usual shotgun stats.
- The “Jail Breaker” is a street-sweeper type shotgun [BODY 04, Shotgun Blast (Range: 03): 06, Ammo: 12, R#03, Recommended STR: 02, Drawback: Very Long Reload].
- The “Hydra” is a bizarre side-by-side triple-barelled shotgun. Of course, since it’s RE, its ammo capacity is four [BODY 03, Shotgun Blast (Range 02): 07, Ammo: 04, R#04, Recommended STR: 03, Drawback: Long Reload. Note : EV can be raised to 08 Diminishing by shooting both barrels at once, expending two Ammo and increasing Recommended STR to 04].
- MP5A3 as before, with of course the same mega-magazine.
- Skorpion machine pistol, same stats as the Ingrams before but can be upgraded to have a 300-round capacity (ditch the Ammo score).
- Additional assault rifles include AK47s taken from opponents, and SIG-Sauer SIG556 HOLO rifles that seem to be BSAA-issue.
- Sniper rifles Chris might use include a bolt-action Sako 75 and a H&K PSG-1, standard stats.
- Armscor/Milkor-style revolver-action grenade launcher [BODY 03, Ammo: 12, Range: 06, R#02, Drawback: Very Long Reload].
- M2 Flamethrower, usual stats.
- One unlockable weapon for Chris is a Terminator-style minigun, with an ammunitions backpack the size of a filing cabinet. A large filing cabinet [BODY 04, Projectile weapons (Area of Effect 1 AP): 08, Ammo: 10, R#04, Recommended STR 04, Advantage: Autofire, Drawbacks: Very Long Reload, MPR (heavy and cumbersome – cutting movement speed by 1 – unless your STR is 2+ APs above Rec. STR)].
- Stun Gun [BODY 01, Lightning: 04, Ammo: 12, R#03, Limitations: Lightning has No Range]. There’s also an upgrade that would up the Lightning to 5.
- Fragmentation, flashbang and incendiary grenades, standard stats.
- Proximity Mine [BODY 01, EV 06 (Area of Effect 0 APs), R#05, Grenade drawback].
- And a rocket launcher looking like a RPG-7.
Magnum thoughts from the editor
The “Humongous hand cannon” stats in our Weapons Locker files were done in part with the Resident Evil magnum pistols in mind. But they still attempt to maintain a sense of coherent scale, so they don’t entirely model RE. Even allowing for EV 06 handguns as per above is a partial patch.
One possible solution is to allow such monstrously damaging handguns to have a special Advantage, which allows for boosting EV with Hero Points at a preferential rate – say, all the way down to the Action Genre.
This lower cost and the scarcity of ammunition would mechanically encourage Player Character to spend big on such shots. And with the Edge Advantage, the EV can be boosted a bit further. Which indeed results in final EVs that are better than a rocket launcher.
- Chris’ sidearm is now a Taurus PT909, same stats as the old Beretta.
- FN Tactical Police shotgun, same stats as previous shotguns.
- The BSAA’s new assault rifle has the usual stats, but it now resembles a Bushmaster ACR.
- Revolver-action grenade launcher as before.
- Fragmentation, flashbang and incendiary grenades, standard stats.
Resident Evil: Vendetta equipment:
- Beretta 93R as above.
- M4A1 assault carbine. Standard stats, but Chris’ has an under-barrel grenade launcher and a bayonet.
- Incendiary grenades.
RE7: Biohazard equipment:
Chris’ primary firearm there is the Samurai Edge AW M01 pistol. Though it looks just like Albert Wesker’s Beretta 92FS (down to a STARS engraving), it clearly isn’t a 9x19mm weapon. A large caliber such as .50AE sounds about right.
This weapon comes with a large rail adapter, a tactical flashlight and a large sound suppressor. It can also be loaded with RAMRODs (rapid-acting mycetotoxic rounds). Their payload is toxin that can destroy fungal BOWs, which ignore normal bullets.
[BODY 04, Projectile weapons: 05, Ammo: 09, Thief (Stealth): 02, Flash (stdy illum only): 04, Advantage: Edge (Projectile Weapons), Limitation: Thief only to mufflke the shots]. The RAMRODs are [BODY 01, Acid: 06, Limitation: Acid only vs fungal matter, Ammunition load for a SE AW M01 pistol].
Chris also wields a fictional AW M02 “Thor’s Hammer” clip-fed semi-automatic shotgun [BODY 04, Shotgun Blast (Range: 03): 06, Ammo: 12, Charisma (Intimidation): 02, R#03, Recommended STR: 02, Drawback: Long reload time].
Lastly there are offensive grenades, incendiary grenades, and “neuro-stun grenades”. The latter release a gas that stuns fungal BOWs, with results akin to a flashbang against a normal human. However in game terms it relies more on an Attack Vulnerability than specific APs.
Resident Evil VII_I_age (RE8) equipment:
A fully kitted out Brügger & Thomet USW-A1. As it happens our Weapons Locker articles have stats for that exact folding stock pistol – [BODY 03, Projectile weapon: 04, Range: 05, Ammo: 19, Flash: 04 (Steady illumination only, but will act as normal Flash in nocturnal conditions ; Flash has no AV, use the Weaponry score for the arm it’s mounted on), R#02, Limitation: Projectile Weapons has No Range, use the listed Range instead]. Using this mostly makes sense in games where optional accuracy-at-range rules are in play.
He also wields a AK-type assault carbine. Standard stats, but it has a Thief (Stealth): 01 sound suppressor and a tactical light.
Plus offensive and flashbang grenades.
Leon Kennedy is stated to have been vaccinated against various viruses, but there is no mention as to whether Chris is. However, since Chris is a big shot in the BSAA which is an official UN organization there’s no reason why he wouldn’t be as well.
That said there are always new viruses and variants popping up, so it’s completely up to GM discretion as to whether whatever he’s inoculated with will work against whatever bioterror he’s currently facing.
In his second appearance in Code Veronica, he hasn’t quite grown into quite the bad ass that he will ultimately become and his stats would look something more like this:
|Dex: 04||Str: 04||Bod: 05|
|Int: 05||Wil: 05||Min: 07|
|Inf: 05||Aur: 06||Spi: 07|
|Init: 015||HP: 035|
Detective: 04 (clue analysis), Medicine (First aid): 02, Thief (Stealth): 04, Vehicles (SEAL): 04, Weaponry (All but missile): 06
STARS Bravo Pointman.
During the events of Resident Evil 1, in his first appearance, Chris was much less experienced and assumed to have far fewer HPs (about 25). Also consider during this period consider his Mystical Attributes as well as his Mind to be one AP lower.
Also note that for most of his career he would have had Wesker as a Powerful Enemy and a SIH of Wesker as well.