Crow the Elf
(Hawk the Slayer movie)
Emotionless elfin master-bowman in the 1980’s film Hawk the Slayer.
So you should first read our character profile for Hawk the Slayer.
- Real Name: Crow.
- Known Relatives: None.
- Group Affiliation: Hawk’s companions.
- Base of Operations: The Silver Forest (now burnt and blackened).
- Height: 5’9″ (1.75m). Weight: 160 lbs. (72 Kg.).
- Eyes: Blue. Hair: Black, Salt-n-peppered.
- Other Distinguishing Features: His ears are long and pointed.
Powers & Abilities
Crow can fire his longbow extremely fast. It’s pretty insane to watch. He is quite accurate too, dealing a kill-shot with each arrow.
Being an elf, Crow has heightened senses. Able to detect sounds at a hundred yards.
He’s an adept rider.
Crow’s song from the LP
Said to be magical beings, the elves are all but gone. The Silver Forest burnt. Crow (no relation) is the last.
See the Hawk character profile for details on Crow’s adventure.
His pointed ears are part of his elfin heritage. He has piercing eyes.
Crow wears padded armor, basically, patchwork hides of animals he’s hunted. The color is a doe-skin brown, with a hood.
He has a recurve bow. All his arrows are white.
He wears tiny bells in his hair on the left side of his head.
Crow is quiet and shows little emotion. His speech is halting, almost mechanical.
He will stand motionless, staring. Even when speaking, he doesn’t look at the one he’s speaking to.
Crow takes great care of his bow and arrows.
He meditates quietly. Seated. Sometimes with his bow on his lap. Sometimes with his arrows arrayed in some ritualistic manner before him.
He carries his bow in hand at all times, even when riding.
Crow’s pointed ears evoke another pointy-eared individual. Spock of Star Trek fame.
Was this the inspiration for Crow’s emotionless personality? Ray Charleson denied it in an interview.
(A bowman pulls off a good shot.)
Fitzwalter: “I do believe my friend is challenging you.”
Crow: “He wastes his time and mine.”
Crow: “Armored men, moving towards us.”
Hawk: “How many.”
Crow: “A dozen.”
“Name the target.”
Sister: “You should have given him the gold. He would have returned the Abbess and left us to live in peace.”
Crow: “The peace of the dead.”
Crow: “We have sat waiting, like this many times before. Sometimes I tire of the fighting and killing. At night, I can hear the call of my race. They wait for me. Once I join them, we will be forgotten.”
Hawk: “Your people will never be forgotten.”
DC Heroes RPG
Tell me more about the game stats
|Dex: 04||Str: 02||Bod: 02|
|Int: 03||Wil: 05||Min: 04|
|Inf: 04||Aur: 02||Spi: 04|
|Init: 013||HP: 010|
Extended Hearing: 05, Jumping: 01, Telescopic Vision: 04
Animal Handling (Horses): 03, Acrobatics (including Athletics)*: 04, Evasion (Ranged only): 07, Weaponry (Bows): 11
Expertise (Bower Fletcher), Lightning Reflexes, Schticks (Ammunition Freedom, Lightning Release, Mighty Thews (Archery), Speed-Shooting (Archery)).
Upholding the Good.
- Elven Longbow [BODY 04, Enhance (EV): 01 (cap is 05), Enhance (Range): 03 (cap is 07), Ammo: 01, Recommended STR: 04, R#02, Limitation: Low Penetration, Descriptor: Piercing].
- White arrows (x10) [Ammo for the bow]
- PADDED ARMOR [BODY 02, Blunting: 01, Damage capacity: 02, Enhance (Piercing, Slashing RV): 01 (cap is 05), Bonuses & Limitations: Damage Capacity only vs. Piercing, Slashing. Damage Capacity has the Full Recovery Bonus.]
- Crow has a riding horse with standard stats.
Source of Character: The 1980 movie Hawk the Slayer, character portrayed by Ray Charleson .
Helper(s): IMDb .
Writeup completed on the 11th of January, 2020.