Digit appeared in Dragon’s Claws. This was one of the original comics released by Marvel Comics’ British arm, though their primary activity is republishing.
This profile is meant to be read after the Dragon 8162 character profile.
Since the story takes place in the year 8162 I’ve added that as an identifier. Just like with, say, Spider-Man 2099.
- Real Name: Gan Ayerson.
- Known Relatives: None.
- Group Affiliation: Member of the Dragon’s Claws ; agent of the National Union of Retired Sports Experts.
- Base Of Operations: What’s left of Great Britain in the year 8162.
- Height: 5’7” (1.70m). Weight: 124 lbs. (56Kg). Age: 24
- Eyes: N.A.. Hair: Ginger.
Powers and Abilities
Like the rest of the Claws, Digit is a superb fighter, Game player and operative.
He has a tremendous perceptive and deductive intelligence. Digit can quickly analyze situations with great accuracy.
He’s also an excellent engineer and scientist.
Tests revealed that Ayerson (then aged 8) possessed an IQ equivalent to some of the World Development Council’s top scientists.
He was taken away from his home in the Scottish Highlands. And spent the rest of his formative years with computers as friends and high-tech equipment as toys.
By the age of 16, Ayerson was a leading authority on computers. He set up and ran the World Data Correlation System.
Three years later, Ayerson (nicknamed Digit by his colleagues) disappeared.
No-one quite knows where Digit went during this time. Or why his departure was so sudden.
His ravaged body was found lying in a Game arena, some six months later. He had been tortured, shot through the head and left for dead.
But miraculously, Digit still lived.
His favourite store on the Citadel
His condition was critical and his brain was damaged. Yet the same technology that Digit himself had invented saved both his life and his mind.
W.D.C. scientists introduced an organic computer element to the laser-burnt segment of his brain. Complex computer nodes were surgically implanted in place of the imploded brain tissue.
His memory (especially concerning the events leading up to his ’death‘) was apparently impaired. But his computer enhanced intellect was — if anything — greater than before.
To this day, no-one is quite sure how much of Digit is human, and how much is computer.
Judging him unstable, Digit was retired by the W.D.C..
But he was soon active again as part of the newly-formed Dragon’s Claws team.
After the Game was ended and the Claws disbanded, Digit’s activities are undocumented. Apparently he was into unfathomable computer stuff and incomprehensible studies.
He happily accepted the reunion with the re-formed Claws when they became N.U.R.S.E. law enforcement agents.
Digit’s eyes are always in the shadows. Except for a sort of thin, creepy red tube protruding from each eye.
Digit would make an excellent Vulcan. He’s logical, unemotional. He talks in formal, analytical sentences.
He is happy as a Claws member. When Dragon is there he provides him with decisional data. When he isn’t, Digit acts as interim leader.
Digit never runs out of patience. He always explain everything calmly, clearly and logically. Even in the middle of a fight.
He seems to be a bit of a gearhead.
He also has stated he enjoyed being a Claw as “this unit offers intriguing possibilities”.
(Digit is attacked by an invisible opponent) “Taking into account time elapsed, wind direction, terrain and the vulnerable areas of my body, there’s a 92% probability that I will be attacked either here, here, or here. Ah, there you are.”
“My allotted targets have been neutralized.”
DC Heroes RPG
|Dex: 06||Str: 03||Bod: 05|
|Int: 08||Wil: 10||Min: 08|
|Inf: 04||Aur: 03||Spi: 06|
|Init: 018||HP: 040|
Split: 01, Recall: 12, Shade: 02, Superspeed: 02
Bonuses and Limitations:
- Split is Mental Only.
- Superspeed Only To Reduce Time of Tasks, Mental Tasks Only.
Gadgetry: 06, Martial artist: 06, Military science: 07, Scientist (including Computers): 08, Thief (Stealth): 06, Vehicles (Air, Land, Water): 06, Weaponry: 07
Credentials (NURSE, Low), Sharp Eye, Iron Nerves.
Dragon’s Claws (High).
Public ID, Misc.: Digit is not always comprehensible for ordinary persons.
- Electrified truncheon (skilled use) [BODY 05, Enhance (EV): 01 (cap is 05), Enhance (Wrestling/Grappling EV): 01 (cap is 06), Lightning: 06, Descriptor: Blunt, Limitation: Lightning has No Range, Bonus: EV and Lightning can be Combined].
- Gas spray [BODY 01, Knockout gas: 09, Ammo: 05, Limitation : Area of Effect is 0 APs].
- Gas mask [BODY 02, Enhance (RV vs. particulates, vapors and gasses): 05 (cap is 11), R#02].
- Also a Taser Pistol [BODY 02, Lightning: 06, Ammo: 04, Limitation : Lightning cannot affect target with a physical RV above 08, Lightning has a 1 AP Range], used considerably less often than the other two.
The Pig is the gunship used by the Dragon’s Claws. It looks like some flying hybrid between a tank and a bunker, and is bristling with weaponry.
Digit is usually the engineer and gunner, and Steel the pilot.
Most of the capabilities of the Pig are unrevealed. Its demonstrated capabilities are :
[STR 09 BODY 15 (Hardened Defenses), Flight: 07, Flash: 06, Notes : Flash is both visual and audial (+1) and has a Area of Effect of 3 APs]. Within the Pig are six one-man flying sleds with the following stats : [STR 02 BODY 04, Flight: 06, R#02].
DC Adventures RPG
Digit 8162 — Averaged PL 8.8
Cyborg ● 3 points ● Descriptor: Cybernetics
– Creepy eye tubes — Enhanced Advantage (Second chance (Blinding attacks)).
– Thinks like a computer — Quickness 4 (Mental only).
Accurate Attack, Close Attack 3, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Improved Disarm, Improved Trip, Ranged Attack 7, Redirect.
Benefit 1 (N.U.R.S.E. Officer), Eidetic Memory, Equipment 9, Fearless, Inspire, Set-up.
Athletics 4 (+5), Deception 1 (+2), Expertise (Commando) 5 (+10), Expertise (Computer science) 9 (+14), Expertise (Game lore) 4 (+9), Expertise (Physical sciences) 7 (+12), Insight 5 (+11), Perception 7 (+13), Persuasion 1 (+2), Stealth 7 (+9), Technology 6 (+11), Vehicles 5 (+9).
Electrified truncheon ● Strength-based lightning Damage 5 ● 5 pts
Knockout gas spray ● Chemical Damage 8 ● 8 pts
Gas mask ● 1 pt
Taser pistol ● Ranged Affliction 6 (Daze/Stun/Incapacitate), Limited 1 (4 shots) ● 6 pts
The Pig ● Size H, STR 12, Speed 7, Def 6, Tough 12, Feature 6 (one man flying sleds) ● 23 pts
|Unarmed +9, Close, Damage 1.|
|Truncheon +11, Close, Damage 6 (lightning).|
|Gas spray +11, Close, Damage 8 (chemical).|
* Without Defensive Roll.
- Part-computer mind Digit is not always comprehensible for ordinary persons.
- Idoru Digit was a star in the hugely popular Game. People will recognise him.
- Trade-off areas. Attack/Effect PL 10, Dodge/Toughness PL 8, Parry/Toughness PL 8, Fort/Will PL 9.
- Points total 141. Abilities 56, Defences 20, Skills 31, Powers 3, Devices 0, Advantages 31. Equiv. PL 9.
For the Claws, I’m being more heavy-handed than usual with Advantages. It reflects their edge in the Game.
Source of Character: Dragon’s Claws (Marvel UK).
Helper(s): Roy Cowan.