Flamesplasher is an obscure, so-so DC Comics pair of villains. They debuted in 1977.
They fought the Teen Titans, and only appeared twice. Due to the aforementioned so-so-ness, yes ?
- Real Name: Unrevealed.
- Known Relatives: They are twin brothers.
- Group Affiliation: Once worked for Two-Face.
- Base of Operations: East Coast.
- Height: 5’10” (1.78m). Weight: 175 lbs. (80 Kg.).
- Eyes: Blue. Hair: Unrevealed.
Powers & Abilities
Nevertheless, they were easily defeated by Jimmy Olsen and the Newsboy Legion.
Admittedly, it’s easy to underestimate late 1970s Jimmy “Mr. Action” Olsen. But still, Flamesplasher’s skills were less than impressive.
We’ll assume that one twin can generate a formless volume of flames, and the other a formless volume of water.
These elements can be weaponized into jets using forearm-mounted, retractile projectors.
The twins can shoot impossible volumes of fire and water – they seem to have unlimited “ammunition”. Hence the assumption that it’s a power, rather than a gadget, that is in play here.
The Flamesplasher twins were once recruited by Two-Face (Harvey Dent), along with two other pairs :
Two three-person pairs were simultaneously deployed in Gotham City and New York City, to steal stuff.
The Teen Titans intervened but :
- During the first clash, one Flamesplasher twin caught Kid Flash (Wallace West) in a stream of fire. Wally pretty much defeated himself by spinning too hard to vortex the flames away.
- During the second clash, the Titans were expecting the same powers as with the previous trio. Speedy (Roy Harper) was therefore flat-footed when Flamesplasher blasted him with water.
The villains were defeated once the Titans understood what was going on. Speedy took out the Flamesplasher twins with an extinguisher arrow followed by a freeze arrow.
In 1978, the Flamesplasher twins bushwhacked former Teen Titans Mal Duncan and Karen Beecher.
But their revenge was foiled when Jimmy Olsen and the Newsboy Legion coincidentally came in.
Basic thugs with a cruel, domineering streak.
DC Heroes RPG
|Dex: 03||Str: 02||Bod: 03|
|Int: 02||Wil: 02||Min: 03|
|Inf: 03||Aur: 02||Spi: 02|
|Init: 008||HP: 010|
One has Flame project: 05.
The other has Water blast: 04.
Bonuses and Limitations:
Their Powers presumably lack a Range — and have an AV penalty — without their forearm cannons.
Accuracy (their Power): 04
Lowballed Attributes – breaking away from the “if you have a name and a costume, you prolly should have at least 03s” rule of thumb derived from Mayfair’s.
Because they’re that mediocre.
Even the Accuracy is pushing it. Though Jimmy did seem to spend some Hero Points on OV to dodge that fire blast.
Source of Character: Teen Titans #47, Superman Family #191.
Writeup completed on the 6th of January, 2022.