This superhumans-slaughtering war machine was part of the sort of dark, dystopian storylines that were popular with many British writers during the Thatcher years. I don’t remember the Fury snatching milk from anyone, though.
Nick’s notes about this robot are from the 1990s, so they’re less extensive than more modern writeups.
In an alternate dimension, in a Britain not so far removed from our own, existed a powerful mutant with the ability to alter reality. His name is James Jaspers.
He gained power in an already corrupt government with a subtle use of his powers. Jasper stood on an anti-superhero platform, which gained many followers from the disillusioned general public. Now with political power, Jaspers set about destroying all who might oppose him with the creation of the Fury, an unstoppable animal machine.
The Fury destroyed all but two of Britain’s super community:
- Captain UK (Linda McQuillan), who escaped to Earth-616 .
- Jaspers himself who programmed the Fury not to harm him.
The Fury was then shelved until reactivated upon the appearance of Captain Britain (Brian Braddock) from our Earth. The Fury killed Jackdaw, the Captain’s companion, then the good Captain himself. Merlin resurrected Captain Britain. But on some level the Fury realized this and followed Braddock (and Captain UK) back to our Earth.
Tracking down the Captain to Braddock Manor, he was barely stopped by the Special Executive, who suffered casualties. yet the Fury healed himself by absorbing some of the super computer that existed under the manor.
Tracking down the Captain once again, the Fury encountered this dimension’s Jaspers. The robot decided that he was a viable target, not being the same being who created him. In the ensuing battle, the Fury killed Jaspers but was badly damaged. This allowed Captain UK to destroy him for good.
“[Nuisance] [Distraction]” (sound of huge blaster firing)
Game Stats — DC Heroes RPG Print Friendly
|Dex: 08||Str: 14||Bod: 14||Motivation: Nihilist|
|Int: 07||Wil: 09||Min: 07||Occupation: Killing Machine|
|Inf: –||Aur: –||Spi: –|
|Init: 025||HP: 050|
Acid: 04, Acuity: 10, Defensive Adaptation: 12, Density Increase: 03, Detect Super Beings: 25, Dimension Travel: 02, Energy Blast: 14, Invulnerability: 20, Projectile Weapons: 05, Radar Sense: 05, Sealed Systems: 14, Snare: 05, Superspeed: 08, Vampirism: 07, Weakness Detection: 12
Detective (Clue Analysis): 10
Bonuses and Limitations:
- Acid is touch only, and uses Dex as AV.
- Projectile Weapons and Snare have range of 1AP.
- Vampirism attacks the RAPs of any animal or object affected by the Acid power.
- Acid, Projectile weapons, Snare and Vampirism are used mainly for restoring the Fury back to top shape, by consuming both living beings and machines. Once the victim is Snared, the Fury will break down the body with its Acid power, and then consume this with Vampirism. These RAPs are then added to the Fury’s own Body.
- Defensive Adaptation may be used against any attack that the Fury can understand. e.g., when it was attacked by Zeitgeist, he had no comprehension what was happening to him, and had no defense against the attacks (this was probably due to Zeitgeist partially existing in another dimension, and the Fury having no Mystical stats. Whether this applies to all magic/dimensional attacks, I would say probably not).
- Dimension Travel is automatic, although the time to travel between dimensions is the distance minus the Fury’s APs of power. The distance traveled is also subtracted from his Body as killing combat.
- Energy Blast may be any form of physical energy.
Life Support (Full), No Vital Areas, Stabilization, Lightning Reflexes.
Cannot Heal, Catastrophic Irrational Attraction to never giving up, Catastrophic Irrational Attraction to killing super powered beings, Strange Appearance.
Computer Enhanced Fury
After absorbing part of the Mastermind computer from Braddock Manor, the Fury:
- Increased his Dimension Travel APs to 08.
- Gained Omni-Power at 12APs.>/li>
- His Mental stats were increased by 02 APs each.
- Gained Mystical stats at 06 APs each.
- Increased his Initiative to 33.
His understanding of the universe was also greatly enhanced.
Helper(s): Phil Dixon, Wyrdlyng, Hart, Sébastien Andrivet.