This is the second half of our He-Man character profile. Since it was a bit too long to be read in one gulp.
So you should start with the first half of the He-Man character profile.
Game Stats — DC Heroes RPG Print Friendly
A 3662 points Character (without equipment or Pet).
|Dex: 07||Str: 23||Bod: 10||Motivation: Upholding the Good|
|Int: 08||Wil: 11||Min: 11||Occupation: Defender of the secrets of Castle Grayskull, Champion of Justice.|
|Inf: 10||Aur: 14||Spi: 10||Wealth: 000|
|Init: 027||HP: 125|
Air Control: 12, Damage Capacity: 02, Digging: 08, Dimension Travel: 23, Jumping: 02, Running: 04, Sealed Systems: 05, Shockwave: 10, Superbreath: 12, Superspeed: 12, Swimming: 04, Telepathy: 14
Bonuses and Limitations:
- Air Control may only be used to produce a whirlwind. It is Contingent Upon either Superspeed or Superbreath (-1 FC).
- Digging is contingent on Strength, Superspeed, or Air Control. He-man often uses a tool to help with the digging like his Power Sword, but he certainly doesn’t need to (-1 FC).
- Dimension Travel is elementally linked to Str. He-man may only use Dimension Travel to bodily prevent an already open Dimensional portal from closing (-2 FC).
- Sealed System may be used with the Free Diving Only Limitation (-1 FC).
- Shockwave is contingent on Strength as he strikes the ground (-1 FC).
- Superspeed does not add to initiative (-1 FC).
- Superspeed used for movement is Catastrophic marginal (30 HPs).
- Telepathy is only useable with the Sorceress of Grayskull and is only one way, like making a call, once the Sorceress answers mentally, she then may allow a connection with others giving He-man further mental communication (-2).
Acrobatics: 06, Animal Handling: 05, Artist (Actor): 05, Artist (Cooking, Painter): 02, Charisma (Persuasion)*: 10, Detective (Counterfeit Recognition)*: 08, Gadgetry: 03, Martial Artist (With Techniques): 04, Military Science (Tracking): 05, Occultist (Occult Knowledge): 10, Scientist: 04, Thief (Pickpocketing): 10, Thief (Stealth, Security Systems): 05, Vehicles (Land, Sea): 04, Vehicles (Air, Space): 06, Weaponry (lasso, Melee, Missile): 09
Expertise (Science, Eternian History, Geography, and Eternian Legends and Myths), Familiarity (Chess, Fishing, Parachuting, Skiing, The Horde, and Etheria), Insta-Change, Iron Nerves, Language (Ancient Silicon hieroglyphs), Pet (Cringer/Battle-Cat), Popularity, Schtick (Precise Blocker (Power Sword)).
Alter-Ego (Controllable), Enemy (Skeletor, 4 points), Serious Irrational Attraction to good, Secret Identity, Attack Vulnerability (Magic, -1 C.S.), Attack Vulnerability (Stun, sleep, Draining attacks, and Flash -2 C.S.).
- Power Sword — see below.
- CORIDITE HARNESS [BODY 12, Cost: 108]. He-man states that the Sorceress fashioned this Harness and that it adds to his power. He-man loses 1 AP of STR and BODY without it.
- Bola (pronounced Bolo by He-man) [BODY 04, EV 03, Snare: 06, Limitation: Snare cannot be higher than the relevant Weaponry skill of the user (-1), Grenade drawback, Cost: 14].
- Grapple Hook and rope [BODY 05, Cost: 09]. May be used as a swingline, 5 APs long. At some point the Sorceress gifted He-man a magical grappling hook and rope that he stated was unbreakable and had unlimited length. Turns out it was about 16 APs long and She-Ra cut it in half at the end of the episode.
- Flash Ball [BODY 01, Flash: 02/05, Grenade Drawback]. Used to light up a room as steady illumination (02 APs) or if burst upon a solid object as a sudden flash (05 APs), Cost: 07.
- WRIST GAUNTLET [BODY 12, Radio Communication 10, R#2, Cost: 141]. The other gauntlet doesn’t have the Radio Comm.
The Power Sword
Power Sword [BODY 30, INT 05, Enhance (EV): 02 (cap is 05), Attraction/Repulsion (Attraction only): 12, Detect (Evil): 02, Energy Absorption: 12, Flame Being: 08, Flight: 04, Gliding: 02, Reflection/Deflection: 12, Insta-change, R#0, Descriptor: Slashing and/or Piercing, Cost: 628. Bonuses and Limitations:
- Activated powers may only be used one at a time.
- Detect may only be used if He-man uses the Power Sword like a divining rod. This takes a full Phase (+/- 0).
- Flame Being only envelopes the blade in super-heated energy and only lasts one phase. It must be accompanied by He-man saying “By the Power of Grayskull” (-1 FC).
- Gliding allows He-man to throw his sword so that it will return like a boomerang (+/- 0).
- Even when Reflecting/Deflecting electrical attacks, He-man takes the full EV hit from it as his sword conducts the electric into him (-1 FC).
- I know you would think Insta-change is here so Adam can transform into He-man but it isn’t. The sword disappears when placed on the back of a character as if a scabbard were there. Only He-man actually has a visible scabbard. Adam doesn’t and even Orko didn’t.].
Other notes about the Power Sword:
- He-Man’s Power Sword can be used to command the Jaw-Bridge of Castle Grayskull, Open.
- INT is an Attribute of the Sword of Ancients that dwells within the Power Sword.
- Flight is the sword moving of its own accord. It has only happened a few times.
- In a handful of episodes Prince Adam kept the Power Sword behind a secret sliding wall in his bed room.
- Prince Adam or He-man may say “By the Power of Grayskull” to get crackling energy to strike from the sword in quite a display. But only Adam may transform into He-man. This was even done once while Adam lay nearly unconscious on the ground and hadn’t even drawn the Power Sword. It still was in its scabbard on his back. But these words transformed him anyway (Things that go bump in the night).
- If He-man’s Strength is drained in some way he may use the Power Sword to “recharge” his strength by once again saying: “By the Power of Grayskull !”.
These pieces of equipment were only used once and never seen again, so, aren’t considered standard equipment for He-man:
- Bubble Horn [BODY 02, Force field: 08, Gravity Decrease: 05, Gliding: 04, Cost: 63]. This horn from his belt blew a “Zero-G bubble”. The bubble envelopes the target (Force Field) and immediately begins to float, neutralizing the victim’s weight (Gravity Decrease). It floats along wherever the wind takes it (Gliding).
- A handy pair of hand-cuffs [BODY 05, Cost: 09].
The Mild Mannered Prince Adam
An 887 points Character (without equipment or Pet).
|Dex: 04||Str: 03||Bod: 05||Motivation: Upholding the Good|
|Int: 06||Wil: 07||Min: 06||Occupation: Prince of Eternia|
|Inf: 04||Aur: 04||Spi: 06||Wealth: 000|
|Init: 016||HP: 040|
Bonuses and Limitations:
Telepathy is only useable with the Sorceress of Grayskull. It is only one way, like making a call. Once the Sorceress answers mentally, she then may allow a connection with others giving Adam further mental communication (-2).
Acrobatics (Athletics, Dodging)*: 04, Acrobatics (Climbing): 06, Animal Handling: 05, Artist (Actor): 05, Artist (Cooking, Painter): 02, Charisma (Persuasion)*: 04, Gadgetry: 03, Martial Artist (With Techniques): 04, Medicine (First Aid): 03, Military Science (Tracking): 05, Occultist (Occult Knowledge): 10, Scientist: 04, Thief (Pickpocketing): 10, Thief (Stealth, Secruity Systems): 05, Vehicles (Land, Sea): 04, Vehicles (Air, Space): 05, Weaponry (lasso, Melee, Missile)*: 04
Expertise (Science, Eternian History and Geography, Eternian Legends and Myths), Familiarity (Chess, Fishing, Parachuting, Skiing, The Horde, and Etheria), Insta-Change, Pet (Cringer/Battle-Cat), Financial Backer (Billionaire, as a member of the Royal Family) (50 points).
The Royal Family (High), Teela (High), Man-At-Arms (High), Orko (High), The Sorceress (High).
Alter-Ego (Controllable), Serious Irrational Attraction to good, Secret Identity.
Beyond the Power Sword, Prince Adam has access to all the equipment in the Royal Palace. See our Royal Palace profile for details on the vehicles, weapons, and equipment available to him.
Adam sometimes wears a comm-link or a fire-ray on his left gauntlet. It also has an analog watch but only has an hour hand. LEFT GAUNTLET [Body 05, Flame Project: 05, Radio Communications 10, R#2, Cost: 87].
Design notes and previous stats
Thief (Pickpocketing) is represented in two scenes. While Skeletor was invisible, He-man slipped an item into Skeletor’s belt without his knowledge while simultaneously wrapping Orko’s robe about Skeletor’s shoulders. During another episode (Curse of the spellstone) Adam took a marble right out of Orko’s hand while he was doing a trick with it. In front of the Queen and Teela no less.
This skill was never seen in the second season.
Occasionally, He-man is unable to break free from magical chains or through force fields. It’s pretty obvious these are plot devices designed to allow other characters to shine.
He-man will sometimes be taken down by a single stun beam, which isn’t likely based on other happenstances. This too is a plot device to further the storyline.
The Power sword absorbed a large electrical beast. I HAD to give the sword energy absorption after that. I did add a limitation that said only one Power may be active at a time. This is why he doesn’t absorb lightning and electrical attacks. Especially when he’s trying to deflect them.
He-man gained a point of Weaponry in Season Two.
Adam’s birthday is not easily discernible. He-man and She-Ra’s birthday could be near or on Christmas day. Queen Marlena says they are celebrating the twin’s birthday. It’s snowing and the decorations remind her of Christmas on Earth. (He-man and She-Ra Christmas Special). However, it’s sunny and warm in another episode. The story occurs a day before Adam’s birthday. (The Great Books of Mystery)
He-man touched his sword to Adora’s when she was trapped by Hordak’s time-stop device. He uttered the familiar “By the Power of Grayskull” and she was free. The Sorceress explained earlier in the episode that Loo-Kee and Orko would not be affected by the time-stop because they were both magical beings. He-man too would be immune as long as he held his sword, because it was magical.
He-man showed an immediate attraction to Sweet Bee when they met. But that attraction seemed gone upon their second meeting (Sweet Bee’s Home, Assault on the Hive).
Until the episode “A friend in need”, He-man could’ve accomplished every feat of strength with only 15 APs.
From “A friend in need” until “Return of the Gryphon” He-man could operate with a Strength at 18 APs.
Beyond that He-man solidly boasts a 23 Strength.
Pushing Eternia’s moon out of orbit!
He-man and the Masters of the Universe genre invokes a special Genre rule. It allows characters to increase APs by Pushing or Hero Points expenditure up to X3 their normal level (instead of the usual X2 maximum) once per scenario.
This reflects how characters in that series would occasionally pull some stunt notably beyond their normal abilities. Notably, during the episode (Jacob and the Widgets), He-man pushes one of Eternia’s moons out of orbit.
About this moon. Eternia’s moon is very similar to Earth. Queen Marlena is an astronaut from Earth and she moves and acts as normally as she would on Earth, revealing the gravity, air density, etc. is at least quite similar to Earth.
Likewise Eternia’s moons control the tides of the planet, just like Earth’s moon. The main difference is that Eternia has two moons. Since Eternia’s Ocean tides act similar to Earth’s, perhaps the moons are half the size of Earth’s moon or they could have a more distant orbit. In any case at this size of celestial body we’re talking about plus or minus a couple of APs.
To move the Moon, you have to overcome Earth’s gravitational pull. (Approximating that other planets’ influence is negligible compared to Earth’s influence). In actual physics, it means exerting a force above the Newton formula of : GxMxm/(d²) where :
- G universal gravity constant=6.67×10(-11) ;
- M mass of Earth = 5.9736×10(24) kg;
- m mass of Moon = 7.3477×10(22) kg;
- d average Earth-Moon distance=3.84×10(8) m.
It’s roughly 1.5×10(20) Newton, which relates (roughly) to a mass of 1,5×10(19) kg when related to Earth averaged gravity.
- 1.5 tons as 1.5×10(3) kg is 6 AP.
- x10(15) is +50 AP.
- x10(1) is +3/+4 AP, let’s say +4 because we did a lot of rounding down.
- 1.5×10(19) kg is around 6+50+4=60 AP.
Now, He-man can’t fly (ahem, unless using Air Control to propel himself inside a whirlwind). However, Man-At-Arms had just fitted a Wind Raider with a Coridite rocket booster. This boosted Wind Raider was able to make the trip from the planet to the moon in seconds. He stood on the edge of his vehicle and pushed.
Source of Character: Filmation Presents 1983/1984 animated series He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, the 1985 movie The Secret of the Sword, the 1985 movie He-man and She-Ra Christmas Special, the 1986 Skeletor’s Revenge, the 1985-1987 animated series She-Ra Princess of Power. He-man/Prince Adam voiced by John Erwin.
Helper(s): Animals File on W.org, Wikipedia, he-man.wikia.com, IMDB, Jason Roe, Peter Piispanen (Heroic genre rule), Roy Cowan, William Chamberlin, Adam Fuqua, Darci, Jobe, Nico (for his Moon moving mathematics!), Sébastien Andrivet, Lora Roe.
Writeup completed on the 8th of December, 2018.