One of the memorable monsters from the 1990s landmark Doom video games. See our profile for an unnamed marine for a lot more context.
- Known Relatives: Other demons.
- Group Affiliation: Forces of Hell.
- Base Of Operations: Mobile.
- Height: 6’3″ (1.90m). Weight: 240 lbs. (109 Kg.).
- Eyes: Glowing Red. Hair: None.
Powers and Abilities
Dirty little dogshit-coloured bastards that heave balls of fire around, and have electrified bone spikes jutting from their bodies.
They can take a few hits from most handguns without stopping (a shotgun at close range is another matter – Imp kebab). Luckily, their aim is not too good and their balls of fire are pretty slow-flying.
For the general background, see the Doom marine writeup. The Imps are among the least powerful creatures from Hell, but when in a pack can be a problem.
Brown, vaguely reptilian humanoid with red eyes, bone spikes protruding from their bodies and long fangs and claws. Grr.
Roar at enemies, then advance while throwing flames until they are close enough to claw at their enemy, assuming said enemy has survived the prior attacks. Grr.
DC Heroes RPG
|Dex: 03||Str: 03||Bod: 04|
|Int: 01||Wil: 02||Min: 01|
|Inf: 02||Aur: 02||Spi: 02|
|Init: 006||HP: 000|
Claws: 04, Flame Immunity: 05, Flame Project: 05, Lightning: 05
Bonuses and Limitations:
- Flame Immunity only works against the fire generated by Imps (-3).
- Flame Project has No AV (use DEX instead) (-0 or -1 depending on house rules).
- Flame Project is a small fireball, not a stream of flame (-0).
- Lightning has No Range (-1).
Strange Appearance, Catastrophic Rage, CIA toward attacking anything that hits them and is not a fellow Imp.
DC Adventures RPG
Imp (1990s DooM) — Averaged PL 3.2
Impish ● 15 points ● Descriptor: Infernal physiology
Bite — Close Strength-based Slashing Damage 2.
Electrified spikes — Close electrical Damage 4.
Hurling small fireballs — Ranged fire Damage 4.
Fireproofed — Protection 4 (Limited 3 to fire emitted by imps).
Defensive Roll 1.
Perception 1 (+0), Ranged Combat (Fireballs) 3 (+3).
|Unarmed +3, Close, Damage 3.|
|Lightning spikes +3, Close, Damage 4.|
|Fireball +3, Ranged, Damage 4.|
* Without Defensive Roll.
- Rage against the everything All infernal monsters are mindlessly aggressive, and will kill even other demons if those accidentally hit them.
- Trade-off areas. Attack/Effect PL 04, Dodge/Toughness PL 03, Parry/Toughness PL 03, Fort/Will PL 03.
- Points total 33. Abilities 06, Defences 08, Skills 02, Powers 15, Devices 00, Advantages 2. Equiv. PL 3.
Source of Character: Doom video games (Ultimate DooM, DooM ][, Final DooM).
Helper(s): Roy Cowan. Standard sprites rendered by Elite Sniper 177.