Its discovery brought Stargate Command to a new planet, Lantea, and put them in contact with new allies (the Althosians) and new enemies (the Wraith). With only limited communications with Earth, the outpost in the Pegasus galaxy was forced to be self-reliant.
Using the major stargate in Atlantis, an international Earth task force to run intensive exploration efforts across the cosmos and investigate the fate of the Ancients.
- Real Name: Ronon Dex.
- Other Aliases: Ronon of Sateda.
- Marital Status: Widowed.
- Known Relatives: Unrevealed.
- Group Affiliation: None.
- Base Of Operations: Mobile.
- Height: 6’2″ Weight: 210 lbs. Age: Unrevealed
- Eyes: Blue Hair: Black
Powers and Abilities
Dex has great strength, high speed and exceptional stamina. He is, no doubt, the greatest armed and unarmed combatant of the Atlantis Expedition (and right on-par with Teal’c of Stargate’s SG-1 team). Hence he is hired as a “specialist”.
Ex-Runner and major badass
Ronon Dex is an ex-runner. Runners are prime physical specimens of man tagged by the Wraith. A device is surgically implanted in the spine, then they are released to be hunted down by their warriors as a rite of passage. Using a hand-held tracking device the wraith warriors can track the movement and location of a runner. A runner has to be constantly on the move or die.
There are but few runners in the galaxy (seven at one point). These survivors are exceptionally impressive combatants. In addition to Ronon Dex, the only other named runner has been a man named Kiryk. Since the Wraith always follow a runner, runners are generally shunned and feared by human societies.
In game terms, all runners have the Mistrust drawback and likely no Connections. Ronon Dex also previously had the Guilt drawback while he was a runner.
Whenever Ronon works alone, as he did as a runner, he goes by instinct, training and experience and is a pure combat machine. In fact, when having only himself to rely on he performs far better than with a team. This is the state in which the Atlantis away-team met him in when they first encountered him, and they were severely outclassed.
While solo, groups of Wraiths will be taken down in a few turns by gunfire or by hand-to-hand combat. However, he doesn’t much like being alone, and will eventually team up with others again, thus losing his edge.
Ronon is a large, very attractive, rugged-looking muscular male with dreadlocks. He is usually wearing leather clothing and carries lots of weapons. Most noteworthy of his weapons is the unusual blaster gun he is using; it was supposedly created by the spacefaring Travelers.
You won’t usually catch him with a smile, that is unless he is seeing wraith in trouble. His voice is very deep and he speaks rather slowly.
Ronon Dex is an archetypal warrior character. He has a rough personality and is the first to draw weapons. However, he is also a protector and a defender, and is completely loyal to his friends. To call him recklessly aggressive is to give him a compliment.
He follows orders, although sometimes reluctantly, and is a real asset in the field.
Ronon isn’t bothered much by things he can’t change. Still, he bears some guilt about failing to save his native Satedan civilization. Any and all Satedan survivors are immediately his best friends, except for traitors. Dex is a down to Earth type of guy and does what is needed to survive.
Dex enjoys action and horror movies from Earth. He keeps up a friendly banter with McKay (which McKay takes seriously) and is good friends with Sheppard (who refers to him as Chewie) and Teyla (with whom he has a brother-sister relationship). He has, no doubt, a great if dry sense of humor, and your best mate at a party or in the pub.
When he met Teal’c, the other strongman of the Stargate organization, they immediately clashed and fought for hours. However, they learned to work together against the Wraith and found great respect for each other and the other’s abilities.
Dex really, really hates the Wraith. He will kill them on sight unless ordered not to do so. His sober outlook on life lightens up if the Wraith are suffering hardships or defeats. If forced to work with the Wraith he will expect them to double-cross him at any moment, at which point they will be executed.
Always expecting combat, his blaster is set on kill by default. It is a rare moment indeed to catch him without a weapons in his hands.
“You ask me, it’s too much meditation.”
“I need to learn some science. I’m not all that useful in situations like these. If we get into a fight, or we need to break out of somewhere, you know, kill someone, I’m your man, but a laser attacking the city’s shield – I don’t know where to chip in.”
Game Stats — DC Heroes RPG Print Friendly
|Dex: 06||Str: 04||Bod: 06||Motivation: Thrill of Adventure|
|Int: 04||Wil: 05||Min: 06||Occupation: Ex-Runner, Specialist, Warrior|
|Inf: 03||Aur: 03||Spi: 07||Resources: 03|
|Init: 017||HP: 055|
Acrobatics (Climbing): 03, Charisma (Intimidation): 06, Martial Artist: 06, Military Science (Tracking): 07, Thief (Stealth): 04, Weaponry (Thrown, Heavy): 06, Weaponry (Melee, Exotic, Firearms): 07, Vehicles (Space): 05
Area Knowledge (Sateda – his home world), Iron Nerves, Languages (some Wraith and “Ancient”), Lightning Reflexes, Sharp Eye, Special Credentials (Low, Stargate Command).
Col. John Sheppard (High), Dr. Rodney McKay (Low), Satedan survivors (High), Teyla Emmagen (High).
MIH (Wraiths; was originally SIH).
- Traveler Blaster gun [BODY 04, Energy Blast 07, Notes: This is a unique energy pistol, of unknown origin, that emits red bursts of energy that stun or kill at the user’s discretion. It resembles a revolver with a power cell where the ammunition cylinder would be located. The same type of weapon was shown to be used by a people belonging to the Travelers group, but Ronon displayed no knowledge of these people. It is assumed to have a very high ammo rating.]
- Big Sword [BODY 08, EV 04 (06 w/STR, 08 w/Martial Artist), Notes: The hilt is made from wraith mandible and the humerus is wrapped in wraith hair. The blade is made from the metal of a wraith ship, while the scabbard is made from a wraith leather coat.]
- Concealed throwing knives (x10) [BODY 04, EV 02, (04 w/STR, 06 w/Martial Artist), Notes: Ronon carries these knives hidden on his person for use in emergencies. He carries a seemingly unlimited supply of these, which has been a source of occasional comic relief within the team.]
- GDO (Garage Door Opener) Emitter [BODY 02, Radio communications (scrambled) 00, Limitation : Can only send an unlocking code to the iris on the SGC Stargate – the current code is never stored in the GDO and must be typed by memory, Notes: Assume GDO has 6 APs for Scrambled purposes. Ronon’s GDO identifies him as Ronon Dex of Sateda.]
Ex-Runner and major badass
Whenever Ronon runs solo (pun intended), his stats need to be adjusted accordingly: increase his DEX and all Skills by 1 AP each and increase his HP total by 10 points.
Source of Character: Stargate Atlantis, character played by Jason Momoa.