- Real Name: Unrevealed.
- Marital Status: Single.
- Known Relatives: None.
- Group Affiliation: Dark Judges.
- Base Of Operations: Deadworld.
- Height: 6’6” Weight: 80lbs. Age: Irrelevant.
- Eyes: Too many for comfort. Hair: None
Powers and Abilities
In his most basic form, Fear resembles a cloud of greenish fog. In this form, he is impervious to most attacks, and can pass through small gaps (keyholes, etc.). But he cannot pass through seamless barriers.
In this form, he can temporarily possess living victims (in DC Heroes RPG terms, Personality Transfer). However, he cannot display his other powers until he gains control of a suitably prepared corpse.
When inhabiting a corpse, Fear is much more deadly. He spreads terror wherever he goes, and can frighten strong men to death with his terrifying gaze. In this form, he is entirely corporeal.
Fear and his fellow dark Judges have displayed other abilities on occasion. One example was long-distance mental control. These should be treated as plot devices to allow them to escape from confinement.
As Judge Death.
Judge Fear appears as a heavily cloaked figure, wearing a full helm with steel wings.
Mounted at his shoulders are what appear to be steel shoulder-pads, but are actually man-traps, which he throws with considerable accuracy.
Fear’s helmet incorporates gates at the front. It opens to reveal a cloud of swirling chaos instead of a face. This hideous visage can kill with a glance.
If his host body is destroyed, Fear will assume a gaseous form, with his helmeted head visible within the vapours.
Pretty much a stooge for Judge Death, Fear has little to say. Give Death all the good lines.
“Gaze into the face of Fear !”
DC Universe History
Four Dark Judges would make a credible threat for a low to mid-powered DCU team. They have the D-Jump: why not ?
Game Stats — DC Heroes RPG Print Friendly
|Dex: 05||Str: 06||Bod: 06||Motivation: Nihilist|
|Int: 07||Wil: 10||Min: 12||Occupation: Dark Judge|
|Inf: 09||Aur: 10||Spi: 12||Wealth: 0|
|Init: 021||HP: 060|
Dispersal: 08, Hypnotism: 09, Invulnerability: 15, Self-Link (Personality Transfer): 12, Aura of Fear: 08, Mind Blast: 10
Bonuses and Limitations:
- Dispersal: Dispersal cannot be used to pass through solid objects, but may be used to pass through small gaps when Fear is bodiless. Dispersal cannot be used when Fear is possessing a living host. When Fear is inhabiting a dead body, dispersal cannot be used for defence against attacks which inflict gross damage to the whole body (fire, explosions, acid, etc.). Fear cannot perform Dispersal attacks.
- Invulnerability: Counteracts Physical Damage, Counteracts Mental Damage, Counteracts Mystical Damage. Successful use of Invulnerability against Physical Damage indicates destruction of Fear’s host body. Dispersal is now always on, until a new host can be found.
- Mind Blast: No Range, Can only be used when Fear is inhabiting a suitably prepared corpse.
Weaponry (Exotic – thrown man-traps): 08, Occultist: 10, Gadgetry: 08
Area Knowledge: Planet [Deadworld], Undead: need not eat, drink or breathe.
Dark Judges (High).
Attack Vulnerability (Fire, -1 Column Shift), CIA (Killing people one at a time), Strange Appearance.
- Fear’s Man-traps [STR 06 BODY 08, Stretching: 01, HP Cost: 40]. Judge Fear’s shoulder-pads are actually steel man-traps with serrated jaws. A chain is attached, to allow Fear to draw his trapped prey within reach. The Strength of the man-trap inflicts damage, then holds the target.
- D-JUMP [BODY 03, Dimension Travel: 05, R#: 5, HP Cost: 264. Power Bonuses and Limitations: Dimension Travel: No Banishment, No Summoning. The D-Jump is a silvery sphere, about 10” in diameter. D-Jump is short for Dimension-Jump].
Source of Character: 2000AD Comics.