Powers and Abilities
Like all members of the Homo Mermanus species, Orka can breathe and move freely underwater.
Surgical and electrochemical enhancements have increased his size, strength and density. He can function in water or land for indefinite periods. Orka is somewhat resistant to the weakening dehydration that effect all Atlanteans.
He is able to communicate with whales through high pitched whistles. Orka has been known to ride upon their backs.
A water-breathing denizen of Atlantis, the powerful but dull-witted Orka was devoted to the traitorous commander Krang. Exiled with his master by the Savage Sub-Mariner, Orka became a pawn in Krang’s scheme to regain the throne he briefly (and illegally) held.
Locating the criminal marine biologist Dr. Lemuel Dorcas, Krang allowed him to place Orka in the “Morphotron”. This is the same device which gave Tiger Shark his powers through endowing subjects with the attributes of selected animals. In this case, Dorcas and Krang genetically merged the Atlantean with a herd of whales.
Sent out to battle Sub-Mariner, Orka was beaten and left on the sea bottom beneath a pile of boulders. Found months afterwards by Virago, a villain from another dimension, Orka gathered together his whales and attacked Atlantis.
Defeated once more, he eventually fell in with Brand Corporation (which was secretly a front for criminal activities). Brand scientists found a way to triple his size. Sent to fight the Avengers he was defeated by Moondragon and the mighty Thor.
Later he was among the invasion force that Attuma sent to the surface world, battling the Avengers and Fantastic Four. He was defeated by Black Panther and She-Hulk. He was seen again once again against the Avengers and the People’s Protectorate as a member of the Atlantean defense force, where he was overpowered by Vision, then Perun and Box.
Orka is a gigantic blue skinned humanoid. He wears a blue body suit with white chest, a yellow belt and white trunks. His cowl has yellow fangs surrounding his face.
Orka is a lackey pure and simple. The only original idea his limited intellect might muster would be thoughts of revenge. Other than that he just follows orders.
“I’ve won ! I have destroyed the Sub-Mariner !”
DC Universe History
A suitable lackey for the likes of any undersea villain such as Ocean-Master or Black Manta.
Game Stats — DC Heroes RPG Print Friendly
|Dex: 06||Str: 20||Bod: 17||Motivation: Nihilist|
|Int: 03||Wil: 05||Min: 04||Occupation: Henchman|
|Inf: 05||Aur: 04||Spi: 05||Wealth: 000|
|Init: 014/016||HP: 050|
Density Increase: 02, Growth: 06, Speak with Animals: 12, Water Freedom: 08
Bonuses and Limitations:
- Density Increase adds to Str (+3FC).
- Density Increase and Growth are Always On and already figured into stats (-1FC).
- Speak with Animals only works with whales (-1FC).
Animal Handling (whales): 06, Charisma (intimidation): 05
Attuma (Low), Krang (Low), Roxxon Oil (Low).
Forced Exile (former), Creepy Appearance, Partial Attack Vulnerability (-2cs RV from Flame Attacks), Serious Rage.
Atlanteans have a strong physiological need for water (preferably seawater), and an almost mystical bond with it. The effects are the following :
- When they’re not immersed in water, normal Atlanteans lose two APs of STR and one AP of BODY. Those effects is even more pronounced in Orka, given his vast bulk and hybrid physiology. This is doubled : -4 STR and -2 BODY, down to STR 16 and BODY 15. However, due to his blubber, Orka has to be out of water for 10 APs of time before those effects become active.
- Average Atlanteans have a Fatal Vulnerability to lack of waterbreathing. But Orka, being part-cetacean, does not share this vulnerability and can function on dry land as long as he needs.
- Atlanteans are quite susceptible to attacks intended to speed dehydration. Not only do they have the straight Attack Vulnerability noted in Drawbacks, but heat and flame attacks weaken them even more quickly. Each two RAPs lower their STR by one until they can fully immerse themselves.
Orka’s mass makes him less susceptible than normal to this effect. He only loses one AP of STR for every 4 RAPd from flame/heat attacks.
Orka is sometimes accompanied by killer whales with the following stats
|Dex: 03||Str: 09||Bod: 09|
|Int: 02||Wil: 02||Min: 02|
|Inf: 02||Aur: 01||Spi: 02|
|Init: 7/9||HP: none|
Powers: Claws: 10, Jumping: 01, Sonar: 07, Swimming: 05, Water Freedom: 05
Helper(s): Jeff Rovin’s site, Sébastien Andrivet.
Source of Character: Marvel Universe.