This… peculiar… entity was seen that one time in 1976, in a Richard Dragon, Kung Fu Fighter issue.
As I remember it, the story made little sense. Perhaps further issues would have clarified what this chaotic juxtaposition of unexplained elements was.
But in the meanwhile we’re left with a less-than-real elite samurai. Who rappels.
- Real Name: Unrevealed.
- Other Aliases: Telegram Sam.
- Known Relatives: None.
- Group Affiliation: None.
- Base Of Operations: Mobile.
- Height: 5’10” (1.78 m). Weight: 180 lbs. (82 Kg.).
- Eyes: Brown. Hair: Black.
Powers and Abilities
This warrior is remarkably fast and strong. Using surprise and generous Hero PointsDC Heroes RPG concept expressing narrative importance/immunity. spending, he put a young Ben Turner and Lady Shiva off-balance for a little while.
He styles himself after a mediaeval samurai, and is mainly a swordsman.
The samurai seems to have excellent training in both acrobatics and rope work.
He also excels in blocking and even slapping back thrown weapons, such as shuriken, toward the thrower.
The Sinister Samurai is a mystical, solid light duplicate of an intelligence agent named Telegram Sam.
Madame Sun used both technology and mysticism to create constructs based on Telegram Sam. One key tool in her work was a Chinese artefact, the Tiger Tally.
Apparently, Sam possessed considerable skill in the Japanese martial traditions, and was a powerful warrior.
Enters the Richard
Sun learned that G.O.O.D. would send Richard Dragon and his friends to find the Tally. She therefore sent a hologram of Sam to kill them.
The construct rappelled through the window and invaded Dragon’s hospital room. He was defeated and defenestratedThrow someone through a high window. by Dragon, but dissipated into light before hitting the pavement.
The Sinister Samurai later located Dragon and his local contact, a young woman named Sun Ling Po – Madame Sun’s sister. Sun and Dragon were at this point infiltrating an ancient structure in northern China, as they sought the Tiger Tally.
Lunging from the shadows, the samurai killed Ling Po as she took the Tally from its daisA low platform to raise something important..
An enraged Dragon coldly defeated and killed the sinister samurai. Through feedback, this also killed Telegram Sam.
The Tally-created hologram is fully solid. In fact, it seems indistinguishable from a real human being, to any of the senses.
This efficient, savage killer was entirely silent. Except when punctuating his attacks with a kiai.
DC Heroes RPG
|Dex: 07||Str: 04||Bod: 05|
|Int: 03||Wil: 03||Min: 04|
|Inf: 04||Aur: 03||Spi: 04|
|Init: 018||HP: 010|
Reflection/deflection: 05, Teleportation: 14
Bonuses and Limitations:
- Reflection/deflection only works against thrown weapons (-2).
- Deflection can also be used against arrows and the like.
- Teleportation takes an entire Phase to take effect, during which all OVs are lowered by 2 CSes and no Action can be taken. If the Samurai is away from the machines powering the Tiger Tally, it can only be used to teleport him back to the machines.
Acrobatics: 04, Charisma (Intimidation): 05, Martial artist*: 07, Thief (stealth): 05, Weaponry (swords): 07
Language (Japanese, at least one form of Chinese), Lightning Reflexes.
- Katana [BODY 08, Enhance (EV): 02 (cap is 08), Descriptor: Slashing, Piercing, Recommended STR 02].. As often in 1970s comics, his katana looks more like a sort of scimitar.
- SAMURAI LAMELLAR ARMOR [BODY 03, Blunting: 02, Damage capacity: 03, Enhance (Bludgeoning, Piercing, Slashing RV): 01 (cap is 07), Enhance (Slashing, Piercing RV): 01 (cap is 08), Enhance (Laser, heat/flame, Acid RV): 01 (cap is 06), Stealth penalty 3/3, Partial Coverage (Long coat), Limitations: Damage Capacity only vs. Piercing and Slashing RAPs ; Damage Capacity has the Full Recovery with Infrastructure Bonus].
He will not wear this if he needs to be stealthy.
- Any appropriate equipment, such as rappelling gear.
DC Adventures RPG
Sinister Samurai — Averaged PL 8.4
Solid light construct ● 6 points ● Descriptor: Solid light construct
Teleportation 11 (Extended, Limited to Extended, Distracting, Increased Action 1).
Bat back projectiles ● 10 points (Removable – needs a sword) ● Descriptor: Skill
- Deflect 12 (Reflect, Redirect, Limited 2 to thrown projectiles).
- Enhanced Dodge 2 (Limited 2 to arrows and similar).
Close Attack 2, Defensive Roll 2, Improved critical (Samurai sword) 1, Improved Initiative, Improved trip, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Takedown.
Equipment 2, Language 2 (Japanese, one unspecified Chinese).
Acrobatics 3 (+5), Athletics 2 (+5), Close combat (Unarmed) 2 (+11), Close combat (Samurai weapons) 2 (+11), Deception 1 (+2), Insight 2 (+3), Intimidation 4 (+5), Perception 2 (+3), Stealth 5 (+8)
Sword ● Strength-based slashing Damage 3, Improved Critical 1● 4 points
Armour ● protection 5 ● 5 points
|Unarmed +11, Close, Damage 3.|
|Katana +11, Close, Damage 6, Crit 18-20.|
* Without Defensive Roll.
** With Defensive Roll and Armour.
- Silent The Samurai doesn’t speak.
- Noisy armour The Samurai cannot wear his armour if he needs to be stealthy.
- Living weapon The Samurai is a fanatical killer without much apparent free will.
- Trade-off areas. Attack/Effect PL 09, Dodge/Toughness PL 11, Parry/Toughness PL 11, Fort/Will PL 06.
- Points total 102. Abilities 40, Defences 20, Skills 12, Powers 16, Devices 00, Advantages 14. Equiv. PL 7.
Helper(s): Roy Cowan.
Source of Character: Richard Dragon Kung Fu Fighter.