Skin was a X-Men-related character who appeared in 1994. He was seen a fair bit during the second half of the 1990s.
This here writeup is a mini-profile done in 2008. It didn’t make the publication cut. But since Verizon decided to destroy the Yahoo! Groups archives, it’s either process it (with edits) or lose it forever.
I think some of the material may be from mutanthigh.com. But as of 2019 the site seems gone.
There’s a chance this will be replaced by a more comprehensive profile, since our Jubilee series has reached the Generation X era.
- Real Name: Angelo Espinosa.
- Marital Status: Single.
- Known Relatives: Eduardo (father, deceased), Estella (mother, deceased), Tito (brother), Linda (sister), unidentified aunt, Gilberto & Inez (cousins).
- Group Affiliation: Generation X.
- Base of Operations: Xavier’s school for gifted youngsters.
- Height: 5’7″ Weight: 155 lbs
- Eyes: Brown Hair: Black and grey.
Powers & Abilities
Angelo has six feet of extra skin on his body. This gives him limited stretching abilities.
This power is somewhat hard to control however. Sometimes Angelo has a hard time even keeping his face on straight.
Before joining Gen X, Angelo was a member of an L.A. street gang.
After his mutant powers manifested he faked his death in order to leave for Gen X with a clean slate.
At first Angelo was a bit reluctant to join. But after a pep talk from Beast, he enrolled.
A while after joining Gen X, Skin was tracked down by X-Cutioner. This vigilante intended to kill Skin for the murder of Angelo Espinosa. After finding out that Angelo was Skin, he presumably left the teenage mutant alone.
After Generation X disbanded, Skin moved back to L.A.. He was eventually murdered by the Church of Humanity.
Angelo is a proud young man who is somewhat sensitive about his new appearance, he is somewhat joking and friendly towards others.
“Like the man said Jubecita, ‘anything worth doing is worth overdoing.’ Anyone can wear a tux… it takes a vato with brass ones to wear this.”
DC Universe History
Since mutants are kind of rare in DC, Angelo could be the result of a chemical spill during the aforementioned gunfight.
He might make an interesting member of Teen titans.
Game Stats — DC Heroes RPG Print Friendly
|Dex: 06||Str: 03||Bod: 04||Motivation: Unwanted Power|
|Int: 05||Wil: 04||Min: 06||Occupation: Student|
|Inf: 06||Aur: 05||Spi: 04||Wealth: 003|
|Init: 017||HP: 030|
Stretching: 00, Snare: 10, Skin armor: 04
Bonuses and Limitations:
Stretching is only usable on his skin.
Acrobatics (dodging): 05
Ambidextrous, Area Knowledge (L.A.), Double jointed, Gift of gab, Language (Spanish).
Generation X (High), X-Men (Low).
- Age (Young).
- Creepy Appearance.
- Mistrust (mutant).
- Secret identity.
- Misc. Skin has to concentrate to keep his skin from oozing about. Any time that skin does something that requires a lot of effort/concentration, roll a concentration check. If he fails, then his appearance goes from creepy to distinct for the rest of the scene).
- Minor Physical restrictions (migraines).
Source of Character: Marvel comics.
Helper(s): www.mutanthigh.com, C. Roxby, Jericho Drumm.
Writeup completed on the 9th of September, 2002.