This character appeared in 1971, as part of a strange proto-cross-over.
It is best to first read the Mister Kline the Assassin character profile for context.
The villains in this story arc, such as Slasher, have an odd quality that makes them both weird and generic. They are thus quite useful for gamemasters.
- Group Affiliation: Agent of Mr. Kline aka the Assassin.
- Base Of Operations: Mobile.
- Height: 5’10” (1.78m). Weight: 215 lbs. (97 Kg.).
- Eyes: Unrevealed. Hair: Unrevealed.
Powers and Abilities
Though the material is ambiguous, this profile assumes that the Slasher was a sophisticated robot.
His three main weapon systems were :
- Clawed hands that could slash through solid steel.
- The ability to fire energy blasts and hard radiation from his wrists.
- The ability to emit laser beams from his eyes.
The Slasher was as intelligent as any human being. In fact his AI may have been too sophisticated for his own good, as he seemed to have mental health problems.
He seemed to be a capable mercenary, terrorist and saboteur.
Demitrius and the Slasher were driven around in a van full of gear. Their chauffeur was one Lucie. Her weirdly fixed gaze likely means that she was a robot too.
Slasher and Demitrius were agents of Mr. Kline, aka the Assassin.
They worked on ruining Tony Stark’s reputation as an industrialist. To prevent the future whence the Assassin originated.
Another target was the head of United Skyrise Incorporated (USI), Mr. Crandal.
Slasher and Demitrius covertly set up a sonic cannon. It would wreck an USI-built building, and the company would be blamed for the numerous deaths. But Iron Man foiled them.
Demitrius and Slasher then sabotaged Stark’s K-X59 anti-missile cannon. Then the Assassin-manipulated government investigation showed massive faults in the work of both companies.
The Slasher and Demitrius then started collapsing the building where the government investigation was headquartered.
A strange showdown
Iron Man came in. The Slasher couldn’t quite damage the golden Avenger, and involuntary psionicPsionics are sci-fi style psychic powers. interference from Marianne Rogers forced Demitrius to adopt his giant form.
Now irrational, Demitrius attacked Slasher as well as Iron Man. Slasher fought back.
The approaching Marianne Rogers’ influence then forced Demitrius into a catatonic state. Iron Man finished the Slasher off.
What happened to the two operatives after their defeat is unrevealed.
The Slasher was contemptuous and dominating. He “slashed” at people with his words, too.
He seemed to be psychiatrically borderline – or sociopathic.
He had Stan Lee dialogue, though. Speaking of which…
“Not now, Demitrius. The adjustment must be exact. The transmitter must be minutely tuned. I’ve no time for your visions of doom… your mouthings of pathetic prophecy. In truth… I struggle to understand why we two were chosen for this of all assignments.”
“I’m aware of that, fool.”
“We destroyed enough. Save me your paranoid delusions, Demitrius.”
“Words. You speak as much as Demitrius — and with as little to say.”
DC Heroes RPG
Tell me more about the game stats
|Dex: 04||Str: 04||Bod: 06|
|Int: 03||Wil: 03||Min: 04|
|Inf: 03||Aur: 03||Spi: 03|
|Init: 011||HP: 020|
Claws: 10, Energy blast: 09, Self-link (Gadgetry): 10, Laser beam: 09, Shade: 02
Accuracy (Energy blast, laser beam): 06, Martial artist (AV): 06, Military science (Demolition): 04
Familiarity (Mister Kline’s technology).
MPI, Minor Rage.
DC Adventures RPG
Tell me more about the game stats
Slasher (Assassin minion) — Averaged PL7
Robot systems ● 27 points ● Descriptor: Robotics
– Clawed hands — Strength-based slashing Damage 6.
– Energy beams — Ranged energy damage Damage 9, Feature (can come from either his wrists or eyes, and can use common EM Descriptors including energy, laser and radiation).
– Eyes Protector — Protection 2 and Enhanced Fortitude 2, both Limited 2 to bright lights.
Close attack 2, Defensive Roll 3.
Athletics 1 (+4), Close combat (Clawed hands) 3 (+9), Expertise (Saboteur) 4 (+5), Perception 2 (+2), Ranged combat (Energy beams) 9 (+10), Technology 4 (+5) (Limited 2 to Demolitions).
|Unarmed +6, Close, Damage 3|
|Clawed hands +9, Close, Damage 10|
|Energy beams +10, Ranged, Damage 9|
* Without Defensive Roll.
- Bad robot Slasher is aggressive, abrasive and even murderous toward everyone but his master.
- Too much AI for his own good Slasher doesn’t seem to be mentally stable.
- Trade-off areas. Attack/Effect PL 10, Dodge/Toughness PL 6, Parry/Toughness PL 7, Fort/Will PL 6.
- Points total 86. Abilities 30, Defences 14, Skills 10, Powers 27, Devices 00, Advantages 5. Equiv. PL 6.
Slasher likely is a sophisticated robot, but there’s no material with which to deduce any Immunities, Complications or the like.
Source of Character: Iron Man v1 #041 (Marvel Comics).
Helper(s): Ethan Roe.
Writeup completed on the 28th of June, 2010.