This obscure villainess had but one set of appearance, in 1992. In a minor book that was cancelled not long after.
But she could easily be useful.
- Real Name: Unrevealed.
- Other Aliases: Smokescream. The lettering is ambiguous, but upon rereading I thin it’s spelled in two parts.
- Known Relatives: None.
- Group Affiliation: Former employee of Roxxon Oil.
- Base Of Operations: Unrevealed.
- Height: About 5’5” (1.65m). Weight: Unrevealed.
- Eyes: Unrevealed. Hair: None.
Powers and Abilities
Smoke Scream is composed of sapientCapable of intelligent reasoning smoke. She can turn part or all of her body into an opaque grey-greenish cloud of gas.
It has harmful properties if concentrated enough. In DC Heroes RPG terms that can be Poison Touch or Chemical Attack, depending on how much she concentrates it around her target.
She can even change her body chemistry to turn into a finely controlled, pinkish acid cloud.
Her gaseous nature makes her difficult to contain or defeat.
Smoke Scream was turned into sentient smoke by the same bio-engineer who helped enhance Psi-Borg (Fionna Wyman).
She was part of a group of Roxxon-employed terrorists and mercenaries, led by Angar the Screamer, who briefly managed to take over a S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier.
During the fight Psi-Borg psionicallyPsionics are sci-fi style psychic powers blocked and compressed Smokescream’s smoke form until it exploded.
But it is common for gaseous comic book characters to eventually reform after such a misadventure.
Smoke Scream never spoke – I assumed she could not.
She appeared to be a disciplined, business-like, precise type.
DC Heroes RPG
|Dex: 03||Str: 03||Bod: 03|
|Int: 04||Wil: 03||Min: 03|
|Inf: 03||Aur: 03||Spi: 04|
|Init: 010||HP: 015|
Acid: 06, Air walking: 08, Chemical attack: 06, Fluid form: 08, Self-Link (Fog): 08, Invulnerability: 08, Poison touch: 06
Bonuses and Limitations:
- All Powers save Self-Link (Fog) are Contingent Upon Self-Link (Fog).
- All Powers have a Range of Touch.
- Any one of Acid, Chemical Attack and Poison Touch can be Combined With Fog (and be active throughout it) during any given Phase.
- Fluid form can be Partial.
Life Support (No Need to Eat/Drink).
Roxxon Oil (Low – specifically the special operations and security branches).
Altered Anatomy, Strange Appearance, SPR (Mute), Fatal Vulnerability (Having Self-Link (Fog) wholly Neutralised, Drained, etc.).
Unwanted Power ?
Highly speculative stats due to lack of material, obvs.
Source of Character: Marvel Universe (a few Nick Fury, agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. volume 2 issues).
Helper(s): Kal El el Vigilante.