Uri Geller is an Israeli entertainer and self-proclaimed psychic.
He was primarily famous during the 1970s.
Perhaps because of his Stan Lee-esque sense of self-promotion, a fictional version of Geller made a… strange appearance in Daredevil, back in 1976.
- Real Name: Uri Geller.
- Known Relatives: None seen in the Marvel Universe.
- Group Affiliation: None.
- Base Of Operations: Mobile.
- Height: 5’11” (1.80m). Weight: 170 lbs. (77 Kg.).
- Eyes: Light brown. Hair: Black.
Powers and Abilities
The comic book version of Uri Geller can :
- Read minds.
- Sense fellow telepaths.
- Exert strong power over metal. He can lift, bend or shred metal objects with his mind. Geller will bend a length of heavy pipe like most people bend spoons with their hands.
He’s charismatic, and good at gaining the cooperation of heroes and authorities.
Uri Geller’s parents moved to Israel when he was very young.
When he was 3, a silver light in the sky rendered him unconscious. When he awoke, he found that he was gifted with psionicPsionics are sci-fi style psychic powers. powers. He kept developing those.
He made his powers very public. Geller was often tested by laboratories exploring the existence and nature of his metal-bending abilities. He thus became a celebrity, touring the world.
(How he became famous in the Marvel Universe, where superhumans undeniably exist, isn’t stated. Perhaps Geller invented or experienced a whole narrative about the silver light, with religious overtones. Which would also make it clear that he isn’t a mutant. And heh, perhaps he also gained the power of super-marketing. Or bought a prestigious company with apartheid money and had himself retroactively declared a founder.)
Hello, fellow ESPers
Geller was big on using his powers to oppose villainous telepaths. He thus clashed with other ESPers over the years – including Mind-Wave.
Geller eventually managed to stop this villainous master of the mind when he teamed up with Daredevil (Matt Murdock) in New York City.
He had a very 1976 clothing and hairdo. His excuse being of course that it was 1976.
Uri talks a lot. A LOT. He’s always doing exposition about his powers and how serious and civic-minded he is.
He tends to call everyone “my friend”. A lot.
Marvel Universe Geller acts and think like a straight-arrow super-hero. He actively cares about the safety of his allies and civilians.
His elaborate patter betrays his nature as a showman. Yet he seems sincere about his Motivation. Mr. Geller will not hesitate to risk his life and engage in fisticuffs.
“I am beginning to sense something, my friend. There are definitely some strong mental vibrations… wait, my friend, wait ! They’ve suddenly become overbearing — a sharp mental charge of mental energies ! By Canal street — near the Bowery !”
“What are you do…?!? Ah, I see now. Very crafty, old friend… a laser ray surrounding Daredevil, locking his mind in place. Ingenious ! I see you’ve improved since our last meeting, as well. But, these technological improvements will mean little in prison. The delicate wiring is coated in metal… quite easy to snap, — if you know how. Circuit cross-over… building to… overload !” (KWAMMMM)
DC Heroes RPG
|Dex: 03||Str: 02||Bod: 03|
|Int: 05||Wil: 05||Min: 06|
|Inf: 05||Aur: 04||Spi: 05|
|Init: 013||HP: 030|
Detect (Telepaths): 10, Energy blast: 07, Life sense: 06, Mind blank: 06, Mind probe: 02, Telekinesis: 06, Telepathy: 06
Bonuses and Limitations:
- Telekinesis and Energy blast only on metals.
- Telepathy only works with other ESPers (-2) and does not allow him to initiate psychic combat (-1).
- APs of Mind Blank, Mind Field and the like have doubled APs (e.g. 4*2=8) against Geller’s Mind Probe (-2).
Charisma (Persuasion): 08, Vehicles (land): 03
Gift of gab, Expertise (Promotion), Language (Hebrew).
Responsibility for Power.
DC Adventures RPG
Uri Geller (Marvel Universe) — Averaged PL 3.8
Spoon! ● 13 points (Noticeable) ● Descriptor: Psionics
- Sense ESPers — Senses 5 (Ranged Detect psionics, Extended 3).
- Sense minds — Senses 4 (Ranged Detect minds, Extended 2).
- Power over metal — Move Object 5 (Precise, Limited Material (metal)).
- Power over metal — Ranged psionic Damage 6 (Limited 2 to metal).
- Psychic stealth — Resistible mental (psionic) Concealment 1.
- Mind reader — Mind reading 1.
- Telepathic — Mental Communication 2.
Close attack 1, Defensive Roll 1, Power Attack.
Language 1 (Hebrew).
Athletics 1 (+1), Close combat (Unarmed) 1 (+3), Deception 7 (+9), Expertise (Promotion) 8 (+10), Expertise (Psionics lore) 5 (+7), Insight 5 (+7), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 7 (+9), Vehicles 2 (+3) (Limited 1 to land vehicles).
|Unarmed +3, Close, Damage 0|
*Without Defensive Roll.
- Responsibility of power Geller uses his extraordinary abilities to oppose evil psionicists.
- Trade-off areas. Attack/Effect PL 2, Dodge/Toughness PL 3, Parry/Toughness PL 3, Fort/Will PL 5.
- Points total 68. Abilities 18, Defences 13, Skills 20, Powers 13, Devices 00, Advantages 4. Equiv. PL 5.
Source of Character: Daredevil v1 #133.
Helper(s): Kal El el Vigilante, Davies.