Writeups.org has a number of “Weapons Locker” articles.
The name references a 1980s supplement for the old Marvel Super-Heroes Role-Playing Game by TSR.
They’re not lists of game stats – though there is a lot of stats. They are closer to a guided tour about weapons and their role in action-adventure stories.
The header of this article references a small running gag throughout the modern firearms Weapons Locker articles. Where Angelina Jolie is demonstrating an improbable variety of guns.
All these articles are part of the “Weapons locker” subcategory, in the categories breadcrumb near the beginning of each article.
Generic articles – modern firearms series
- Weapons locker – Modern firearms – Handguns part #1. Covers the standard weapons in the following categories – Concealed Handguns, Medium-sized Handguns, Large Handguns, Machine Pistols.
- Weapons locker – Modern firearms – Handguns part #2. Covers the same categories, but focuses on the rare/exotic/specialised guns.
- Weapons locker – Modern firearms – Small arms part #1. Covers the standard weapons in the following categories – Submachineguns, Shotguns, Rifles.
- Weapons locker – Modern firearms – Small arms part #2. Covers the same categories, but focuses on the rare/exotic/specialised guns.
- Weapons locker – Modern firearms – Grenades. Covers the following weapon categories – Grenade Launchers, Grenades.
- Weapons locker – Modern firearms – Heavier weapons. Covers machineguns, flamethrowers, disposable rocket launchers, etc..
- Weapons locker – Modern firearms – Less-than-lethal. Only covers less-than-lethal *ranged* weaponry.
- Weapons locker – Modern firearms – Accessories and ammunition. Covers sights, silencers, feeding mechanisms, lights, specialised ammunition (realistic or not), etc..
- Weapons locker – Modern firearms – Improvised. Covers home-made guns, for instance in a post-apocalyptic setting.
Generic articles – melee weapons
- Weapons locker – Melee weapons – Chapter zero. The technical primer. It recaps the rules issues and solutions about small weapons in DCH.
- Weapons locker – Melee weapons (part 1 – Small melee weapons). Common small melee weapons (knives, hatchets, sai, etc.).
- It’s followed by Weapons locker – Special-purpose small melee weapons. For the not-so-common stuff.
- Weapons locker – Melee weapons (part 2 – Medium melee weapons). Common medium melee weapons (swords, axes, maces, etc.).
- Common heavy melee weapons (halberds, zweihanders, etc.).
Generic articles – shields and armour
- Weapons locker – shields. A robust mixture of additional rules for shield-slingers, and types of shields across the ages (and beyond).
- Weapons Locker – Body armour – Chapter zero. Technical introduction, covering the generalities and the technical tools about body armour.
- Weapons Locker – Body Armour – Chapter 1 – Low-tech, lighter body armour.
- Weapons Locker – Body Armour – Chapter 2 – Low-tech, medium weight body armour.
- Weapons Locker – Body Armour – Chapter 3 – Low-tech, heavier body armour.
Generic articles – other articles
- Weapons locker – Bows. Covers bows, arrows and accessories ancient and modern. No crossbows yet, though.
- Weapons locker – The Quick Missiles Essay. Provides stock stats for the main missile and warheads types. It’s a short article but has suited all our needs so far.
- Weapons locker – Old West firearms. Covers the guns used in movies, comics, novels, etc. set in the Old West — the decades that follow the Civil War.
- Weapons locker. That was the last evolution of the original article. It covered a lot of ground – albeit in a shallow manner. So there is still material in it that has yet to be covered by more modern articles. But it’s really old.
Universe-specific articles and links
- Weapons locker – Star Trek weapons – Phasers. Covers all hand-held types of phasers from the various Star Trek series. From TOS to the 2009 reboot.
- Weapons locker – Classic DooM. Covers all the weaponry (and the backpack) from the foundational 1990s DooM video games. Includes rationalisations about the characteristics of the weapons.
- Weapons locker – Lightsabres. Covers the various types of lightsabers found in the Star Wars universe, and their use.
- Weapons locker – Mass Effect and Weapons locker – Mass Effect 2. Include notes about tactics and various suggestions to rationalise the video game logic.
- Weapons locker – Half-Life. Covers all the hand-held weapons (including bio-weapons) from Half-Life, Opposing Forces and Half-Life 2.
- Weapons locker – Unreal Tournament. Covers the arsenal from one of the classic video game shooters of the late 1990s.
- Weapons locker – Fallout. Includes a discussion of weapons in Fallout, and a detailed discussion of firearms in a post-apocalyptic setting.
- Weapons Locker – XCom 2012 reboot. Covers the early tech tree with planes, body armour, lasers, grenades, and other advanced ordnance to fight alien intruders.
- A series of weapons locker articles for the Warframe video game, wot starts there.
- A technical article about the Borderlands video games, wot has guns.
- Weapons locker – Aliens is being considered.