A 1983/84 Black Widow story featured the “ad-hoc team of stereotypical exotic weapon experts henchmen” thing from cheap adventure novels. We love it !
Since so many scenarios require minor foes with unusual moves for martial arts showdowns, such characters tend to get writeups.org profiles.
- Real Name: Laralie (last name unrevealed).
- Known Relatives: None.
- Group Affiliation: Part of a short-lived group of assassins recruited by Damon Dran ; Superia’s Femizons.
- Base Of Operations: Mobile.
- Height: 5’6” (1.67m). Weight: 120 lbs. (54 Kg.).
- Eyes: Blue. Hair: Blonde.
Powers and Abilities
Laralie is lasso expert. She can reliably ensnare people with her lariat, even in combat conditions.
Laralie is a Texas rodeo queen who became a mercenary and assassin.
Although they briefly managed to capture her, Romanova defeated them all, except for the Iron Maiden (Melina Vostokovna).
Laralie later became an agent for Superia’s Femizons under the codename “Wrangler”.
A rough an’ tumble rodeo queen with a thick Texas accent.
Feel free to put more references to rodeo, longhorns and the cowgirl way of life in your dialogue than others can reasonably accept. Then, add some more.
Also, anybody you don’t like is a “varmint”.
“Right purdy, Lotus, right purdy. That kick woulda clean taken the horns off any Texas beef steer I evah saw !”
“Whoah ! Somebody gimme a hand with this heah varmint !”
DC Heroes RPG
|Dex: 04||Str: 03||Bod: 04|
|Int: 04||Wil: 04||Min: 04|
|Inf: 04||Aur: 03||Spi: 03|
|Init: 012||HP: 010|
Animal handling (Rodeo): 06, Vehicles (Land): 04, Weaponry (Cowboy weapons): 06
Mercenary world (Low), Superia (Low).
- Lasso [BODY 06, Snare: 06 ; Limitation: Snare is at most equal to the relevant Weaponry skill of the wielder (-1) : Snare has a range of 02].
- Laralie also sometimes has a pair of six-shooters, although she didn’t use them in her published appearances [BODY 03, Projectile weapon: 04, Ammo: 06, R#3].
DC Adventures RPG
Wrangler (Laralie) — Averaged PL5
Cowgirl-jutsu ● 5 points ● Descriptor: Skill
Enhanced Advantages (Close Attack 4, Ranged Attack 6, both Limited 1 to cowboy weapons).
Lariat expert ● 3 points (Easily removable, must wield a suitable rope) ● Descriptor: Skill
Enhanced Advantages (Chokehold, Improved Grab, Improved Trip, Close Attack 1, Defensive Attack).
Defensive Roll 1.
Athletics 2 (+3), Close combat (Unarmed) 3 (+5), Deception 1 (+2), Expertise (Rodeo queen) 4 (+5), Expertise (Hitwoman) 4 (+5), Insight 2 (+3), Perception 3 (+4), Persuasion 1 (+2), Vehicles 2 (+5) (Limited 1 to land vehicles).
Lasso Reach 4 ● 4 points
Light pistol Ranged ballistic Damage 3, Feature (one extra pistol) ● 7 points
|Unarmed +5, Close, Damage 1|
|Light pistol +9, Ranged, Damage 3|
|Lasso +10, Reach 4|
* Without Defensive Roll
- Merc for money Wrangler’s after the moolah, boys.
- Much blonde so rodeo Laralie’s stereotypical appearance and accent are hard to miss, unless you’re in a 1980s ZZ Top music video.
- Trade-off areas. Attack/Effect PL 6, Dodge/Toughness PL 5, Parry/Toughness PL 4, Fort/Will PL 5.
- Points total 61. Abilities 24, Defences 14, Skills 11, Powers 08, Devices 00, Advantages 04. Equiv. PL 5.
Source of Character: Marvel comics.