This obscure character has but one meaningful appearance. That was in 1987.
There’s barely enough material for a tiny profile. And that’s because stats are easy to infer.
But that’s okay. He’s usually just used as a random super-thug.
It’s not indispensable, but for more context you can read :
- The character profile for the original Zebra-Man. So you get the reference.
- The short profile for Strike Force Kobra, the team with which ZM2 debuted.
- Real Name: Unrevealed.
- Known Relatives: None.
- Group Affiliation: None.
- Base of Operations: Gotham City.
- Height: 5’11” (1.80m). Weight: 180 lbs. (82 Kg.).
- Eyes: Black. Hair: Black.
Powers & Abilities
Like his colleagues, Zebra-Man II seems to have at least basic field training. He also seems muscular and in excellent shape.
He has the power to attract or repel objects by gesturing in their direction. This seems psionicPsionics are sci-fi style psychic powers rather than, say, magnetic. He called them “lines of alternative force”.
Zebra-Man is usually drawn as having equine eyes. It is thus *possible* that his vision resembles that of a horse, albeit with front-facing eyes.
If you want him to have equine vision — which is flimsy — that includes :
- Lower resolution when it comes to gauging distances.
- Lower resolution when it comes to examining details.
- Excellent night-vision.
- More difficulty adapting to sudden illumination changes.
- Very little contrast between shades of green (by human standards – humans are good with greens), but yellow or white pop out more.
In 1987, Kobra (Jeffrey Burr) deployed his Strike Force Kobra against Batman and the Outsiders.
Like most of his teammates, Zebra-Man was patterned after a forgotten, early Silver AgeSuper-hero comics from the late 1950s to the early 1970s foe of the Batman. He resembled the original Zebra-Man.
It is possible that the first Zebra-Man’s charging machine was used to empower his successor. But the second Zebra-Man has inhuman features, which do not match how the machine functions.
Perhaps Zebra-Man II is a minor metahuman. Odd-looking and with negligible powers, but able to be “activated” to a greater level using the original Zebra-Man’s technology.
Collect 10 zhevra hooves
After the clash with the Outsiders, Zebra-Man II was only briefly glimpsed.
- Once during the Infinite Crisis (2006). He fought along with his old colleagues.
- In 2013, chatting in a super-villain bar with White Rabbit (Jaina Hudson).
On some panels, it seems that he has four fingers per hand.
A devoted Kobra cultist. He seemed to be reasonably competent and collected.
DC Heroes RPG
Tell me more about the game stats
|Dex: 04||Str: 03||Bod: 04|
|Int: 03||Wil: 03||Min: 04|
|Inf: 03||Aur: 03||Spi: 04|
|Init: 010||HP: 020|
Bonuses and Limitations:
Attraction/repulsion can have a 0 APs Area of Effect.
SIA toward Serving Kobra.
If you want to do the equine vision thing it’s a MPR, plus Ultra-vision: 02 (only to improve night vision), plus Attack Vulnerability (- 1CS OV/RV vs. bright lights).
Source of Character: Chiefly Outsiders Vol. 1 #21-22.
Helper(s): A horse site .
Writeup completed on the 8th of May, 2020.